Please Post Monitor Enclosure Pictures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckPhotographer

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi am getting some monitors soon. V.gilleni. Would really love to see enclosures of monitors people have mostly just of the smaller species like Gillen's.

Thanks in advance.

Even less flash :) but it still does the job for smaller species/juvies. Bigger floor space than your average four foot tank and half the price/weight.

Attachments

• enclosure 2.jpg
    enclosure 2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 246
  • enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 299
thats nice set up blakehose wat do you house it in?

Desert Sand monitor, Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus. Though i'll soon be parting with 'it'!

Attachments

• Goanna 057.jpg
    Goanna 057.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I really like you setup blakehouse, nice pic/lizard too. Thanks.

danielk certainly not flash but the job is all it needs to do. It look like the light is just dangling in there is that right and if so does it cause any issues opening the cage?

Naa it is screwed in to the wooden lid/roof. You can see the power cord comes out through the lid. The base mount is black though so a bit hard to see inside the enclosure.

View attachment 204529View attachment 204525View attachment 204524View attachment 204523View attachment 204522

Here you can see what l use to keep inside these 2 Monitor enclosures, on the left were 6 x adult Ridge-Tailed Monitors, while on the right was 1 small Desert Sand Monitor. these 2 enclosures were built from exterior plywood, the walls were made from 20mm thick and the floor was made from 25mm thick timber, the walls are 2 foot high but can be extended to 3 foot high, the lengh is 6 foot long by 3 foot wide, the enclosure can be used as one very large enclosure if need be 6 foot square with either 2 or 3 foot high walls, the floor also has laminex glued to it for added protection.

Hope you enjoyed viewing these photos of my large indoor Lizard enclosure.

Nice those are awesome looking enclosures thanks for all the measurements on them too.

Appreciate all these replies really good info thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to mention dimensions. Mine is 6x2x2 (ft)

Posted this one a few times before. I currently have 4 Ackies in there, dimensions are 1800x1200x700.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 344
Nice enclosure Robo1...did you make it yourself?
I picked up the enclosure second hand, but it was only the exterior and the glass. All the internals (branches, shelving, lights, etc.) I did.

I just got my Gillen's today I will post some pics later, maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Picture of one of my new young Gillen's and the enclosure I have them in. (2 young individuals atm.)Gilleni.jpgGilleni Enclosure2.jpg

By the way can anyone tell me how to put in pictures from my Flickr?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back