Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss Deano.I hope that they are greedy enough to try & sell them & that you or someone else locates them.If not Karma will get the #@*#@*!!!!

How has your poor male settled back in now, after all this????
Hope he is doing well, AND your dog too!!
Still no news??

Get yourself an Aussie Bandog, that'll make someone think twice about setting foot on your property.
This is basically just a bump :)

I really hope you find your monitors, I really despise people like these. What a pity you weren't home at the time to dish out a little justice!

Hey Deano have you had any luck with the police? Have you considered contacting the media to try to get help?I know they can be pretty useless at times but drawing attention to the fact that reptiles do get stolen might just make the general public aware & a bit more observant. just a thought mate:)

Sorry to hear it Deano. I hope you can get your lacies back.

Hi everyone, still no word yet and the police haven’t got back to me yet, I have sent them pictures and emails also left phone messages and no one has got back to me, ill keep trying though. My Male is settling in again, I have cleaned his foot where they have tried to yank him of the tree and it seems to be healing well, the dog is also fine I have been spoiling the both of them rotten. I just hope who ever has my girls will take good care of them…………..

Sorry

Sorry Deano but I just find it a bit too hard to believe that you are sitting back waiting for a word.

I would'nt be waiting for anything. If I did'nt have an answer in the first few days I would be back down at the station speaking to the member concerned. If they were not available I would be speaking to the officer in charge.

You will get nowhere waiting. I have been involved in various areas of crime, from the victim to the investigation side of things. I would rather be informed as the victim but also as someone who has looked into crime I would rather be annoyed by a victim who is genuinely eager to have the property that is rightfully theirs back.

If you hear nothing then you only have yourself to blame. Sorry to be blunt. Get on the phone every day. E-mail every day and if you have the chance go to the station every day.

What station are you dealing with???? Can you PM me a name. I'll see what I can work out for you.

Oh Deano I feel for you mate:(.Surely there is some way to make the police take this seriously, I got more action when my sons bike was stolen from our front yard

Sorry Deano but I just find it a bit too hard to believe that you are sitting back waiting for a word.

I would'nt be waiting for anything. If I did'nt have an answer in the first few days I would be back down at the station speaking to the member concerned. If they were not available I would be speaking to the officer in charge.

You will get nowhere waiting. I have been involved in various areas of crime, from the victim to the investigation side of things. I would rather be informed as the victim but also as someone who has looked into crime I would rather be annoyed by a victim who is genuinely eager to have the property that is rightfully theirs back.

If you hear nothing then you only have yourself to blame. Sorry to be blunt. Get on the phone every day. E-mail every day and if you have the chance go to the station every day.

What station are you dealing with???? Can you PM me a name. I'll see what I can work out for you.

And here was me thinking the police did their job....Seems they need a good kick in the a r s e like most public servants:lol::lol:

And here was me thinking the police did their job....Seems they need a good kick in the a r s e like most public servants:lol::lol:

Watch what you say about public servants babe!! You realise your girlfriend and her sis and 2 of their parents all work for the government!! :lol:

Open mind

I would'nt go making rash statements at the moment. There are always 2 sides to the story. Sure it appears soemone's reptiles have been taken but when you prioritze things such as murders, rapes, theft, car theft, drug associated crime, house burgs, etc etc etc I think you'll find that the theft of an animal would come down the list. Not saying this is right or wrong but I sure as hell would rather have the police dealing with drug related crime (assaults, dealing, busting drug labs) and chasing up murder cases any time.

Like I stated keep an open mind we have only heard Deano's side of the story, unfortunately we cannot hear the Police side of things.

Hi Buddy, trust me mate I have been calling everyday but they made it very clear to me that they are under staffed because of the APEC summit that was on, im going to hit them up at the end of the week again before I take further action.

Deano,

I hope you get your lacies back. I don't think you have much chance with the police, they probably have a lot more important things on their hands. Reptile stealing is probably something that ranks very lowly on their priority list. I just hope whoever stole your lacies gets busted by Parks and Wildlife (or your equivalent). Have you told them of the theft? It's an outside hope, but one day someone may be found with a couple "off the book" lacies and they may be able to be traced back to you.

Not ever having been in the police force, I don't know what their morning brief - if any - consists of. Does anyone know if they have such a thing, and if so, would the theft of some reptiles be discussed?

Can someone actually be charged with theft for stealing reptiles since they arnt legally owned?

I realise there would be plenty of other laws broken, just a bad thought i had.

Sorry to hear that mate
cant believe someone would just break in and take your monitors!!!
its just disgracful!
they were beautiful lizards mate i hope you get them back
i'll keep a look out for you around the Penrith area, not sure if they would be around hear but if i hear anything i'll let you know ASAP, big monitors like that would stand out around here and theres bound to be a bit of chit chat around of someone braggin about them..
good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back