Pleystowe couple come face to face with Taipan

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh man and some of the comments. Makes you wanna hit people with shovels.

- - - Updated - - -

So does this guy have any fines to pay for killing native wildlife that was perfectly healthy???

It was perfectly legal as he acted in self defence.

It was perfectly legal as he acted in self defence.

If he hadnt interfered by going to look at it there would have been no defence display and he wouldnt have felt threatened or thought he had to act in self defence???

I wouldn't call, deliberatly getting out of the car to "look" at a potentially deadly snake thats going to obviously get defensive if they stood too close, as killing it in self defence. The snake was only doing what they were evolved to do and the idiot person prevoked the snake to get defensive by getting too close. He imo should be fined.

My thoughts too Longqi, even after the snake reared he could have backed away and driven off.

Why was he holding a fence wire if he only "went for a look"? Some people are so stupid, what ever happened to if you leave it alone it will leave you alone. In those comments underneath only one person has any sense.

Lets face it, if it was going to bite him it have done it half a dozen times by the time he found something to hit it with. He's seen the snake gone in armed and added to the story to make himself look the big man.

Is it even a taipan? :lol:

Another reason I refuse to stuff around and dig through my wallet to fork out for a relocators permit :lol: They can kill them without fear of persecution, I can relocate them saying I was "relocating it in fear of my life"...sue me! :lol:

The whole story is a load of crap. Like Peter said he killed the snake and made up the whole story to sound like a hero. He should be fined and made an example off. Makes me so angry. It's such a joke, someone can get fined for moving a snake off the road yet idiots like this guy can kill anything they want and get away with it.

Can anyone confirm that is was a Taipan?

I don't believe it is, maybe it would have been more fun to have posted just the photo in the ID thread :lol:

I have my suspicions to its ID but curious to see what others think.

Just looked at the pic, it's a bit blurry on my iPhone but I'm sure it's a Brown Tree Snake.

Well I can't see it properly, but I'll come out and say it looks like a large brown tree snake.

Seriously, what would a snake be doing trying to balance on a 1/3rd of its body? That makes no sense.

i would have thought it looks far to skiny and long to be a taipan imo, the last guys id under the article is a possibility (brown tree snake) but without a half decent high res. pic you wouldnt like to place your dollars on it. but then again they do have the tais there.
Graeme

Biogas irregularis, some I've caught are more Argo than the meanest tai I've ever owned. I always have heaps of wire lying around just in case I stumble across a cute little bunny rabbit that may get defensive and attack me, what a joke, how any people do you know that have seen a snake then gone and found a shovel then said it was self defence no need for self defence if you stayed over where the shovel was rather than come back to the snake and then if the snake did bite it would be that it chased you down and when you weren't looking jumped up and bit you .

i would have thought it looks far to skiny and long to be a taipan imo, the last guys id under the article is a possibility (brown tree snake) but without a half decent high res. pic you wouldnt like to place your dollars on it. but then again they do have the tais there.
Graeme

Yeah that was what I thought it may be as well, very hard to tell from that pic but the body and head shape seem to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back