Pleystowe couple come face to face with Taipan

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just means the dress was wider around her lower leg area and so it foiled the snakes attempt to latch her. As for the venom not washing out but I personally don't believe that one for a second. If you didn't wash it properly and had irritated or broken skin I could imagine it would still affect you.

Can someone answer if this is true:

"...Another was a lady at Mirani who walked out of the old library and was chased and set upon by a taipan. Fortunately, she was a large woman wearing a dress. It struck the dress and saturated it with venom. I believe the snake was found and "dealt with". A word of warning to anyone who has an item of clothing tainted with venom. Throw it away. No matter how much you wash that garment, it will always be slimy and even just wearing it a number of times can make you very ill as the venom is absorbed by the body. This happened to a cousin of mine when his jeans were hit by a taipan. He wore them again and again noting that the slime wouldn't wash out and in the meantime, he got sicker and sicker and it was discovered that he was absorbing the venom through his pants."

Firstly: A large woman would have no more 'fortunate' experience with a taipan than a smaller person - surely? Or are they implying because she was a larger woman wearing a dress? Not quite sure... But anyway... If you're a larger person you're no more likely to survive a venomous bite from a snake are you?

I assume the lethality of the venom on a larger person may be slightly longer in time, but surely not any more likely to survive (unless you take into consideration that a large person is lazy and doesn't move much).

Secondly... Venom on the clothes... Can someone clarify that one?

i am astounded at the comments people leave with the most retarded stories,i would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty eggbeater than read some more of this blatant crap

all those who care should contact the editor or send this misleading rubbish to a media watchdog

Quick search of white pages online gives you the Phone number and address of the hero..

This is the second time the mercury has shown a brown tree as a taipan with out expert identification , the only expert they used last time was the manager of RSPCA (and we all know how many cases with mis treated taipans they see ) LOL

Last edited:
"He was going to have me, and I thought I'm better off having you." - I beg to differ
The comments about snakes "chasing" after people, such a joke. Snakes chasing people is pretty much the same as falling over in the shower and landing on a 10" dildo, they obviously picked the god damn thing up, got bitten then were too embarrassed to state the truth.

Last edited:
End of the day - If he didn't get out to 'have a look' or whatever. The Snake wouldn't of had the chance 'have' him.
WHole thing is a load of ceap and the guy should be fined.

Almost as bad as that guy who removed venom glands from a Taipan and Death Adder (with a scalpel and no pain relief what so ever for the poor Snakes) - Then proceded to make them bite his daughter ..
Some people. *Rolls eyes*.

"He was going to have me, and I thought I'm better off having you." - I beg to differ
The comments about snakes "chasing" after people, such a joke. Snakes chasing people is pretty much the same as falling over in the shower and landing on a 10" dildo, they obviously picked the god damn thing up, got bitten then were too embarrassed to state the truth.

God i hate that when that happens!!! lol. Lube in the shower is a dangerous mix ha ha ha;)

Some People !!!

Can someone answer if this is true:

"...Another was a lady at Mirani who walked out of the old library and was chased and set upon by a taipan. Fortunately, she was a large woman wearing a dress. It struck the dress and saturated it with venom. I believe the snake was found and "dealt with". A word of warning to anyone who has an item of clothing tainted with venom. Throw it away. No matter how much you wash that garment, it will always be slimy and even just wearing it a number of times can make you very ill as the venom is absorbed by the body. This happened to a cousin of mine when his jeans were hit by a taipan. He wore them again and again noting that the slime wouldn't wash out and in the meantime, he got sicker and sicker and it was discovered that he was absorbing the venom through his pants."

Firstly: A large woman would have no more 'fortunate' experience with a taipan than a smaller person - surely? Or are they implying because she was a larger woman wearing a dress? Not quite sure... But anyway... If you're a larger person you're no more likely to survive a venomous bite from a snake are you?

I assume the lethality of the venom on a larger person may be slightly longer in time, but surely not any more likely to survive (unless you take into consideration that a large person is lazy and doesn't move much).

Secondly... Venom on the clothes... Can someone clarify that one?

Slim6y - to try and answer your question.....venom on the clothes, unless they are torn and venom gets through straight onto your skin I don't think it would have too much effect (i guess it's a question that's worth a bit of research). I know that if you come into direct contact (venom to skin.....without a bite), our skin does absorb venom so that is something to be aware of. Anyone can survive a bite from a venomous snake with the correct first aid.....the only variables to this are how quick you get the first aid and whether or not the person bitten has any underlying medical conditions. Hope this answered your question (even slightly) Oh....and the title to my reply doesn't refer to you.....it refers to the person that put the reply you were asking about in the comments section of the Mackay Mercury :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back