Pogona Minor Minor feeding help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyql88

Reaction score
Maddington, Western Australia, Australia, Australi
Hi Guys,

I've had a Pogona Minor Minor for a couple of months now - he was born in September though. The guy in the pet shop said to feed him around 3-4 small crickets a day, which i have been doing - When should I up the amount? When do I start feeding him every other day?

Also he currently doesn't drink on his own, I have to mist him with a spray and then he licks it off his nose - I got him a water fall and have started misting that instead to try and get him used to that being associated with water... but it doesn't seem to be working... HELP!

Soon as you notice it is getting bigger feed it more.
Try adding some greens like bukchoy and some grated carrot and see if it would eat it

Thanks!

I've just tried feeding him some apple, but he doesn't seem to be attracted to it - not moving and all. I've tried Bukchoy with the same results...

I think the apple was too big... now he is moving his mouth a lot - hope its not stuck :-/

The general rule of feeding beardies is feed them as many as they can eat in the space of 10 minutes, that was my understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Also! You will rarely see a beardie drinking from a bowl or waterfall. They generally tend to get their moisture from their foods, but do not stress too much, they don't need much water to get by.

Yeah I heard to feed as many as they can - but wasn't sure if that was for larger beardies - being the 'Dwarf species" I thought it was a bit different.... but I don't really know!

He stares at the waterfall a lot, and I mist it and whenever i handle him i put him back in his tank by placing him in the waterfall, try and get him used to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back