Possible volunteer position :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Rang around some local establishments and conservation parks and finally found a pet store near me that has a position in their reptile husbandry department opening up. Just sent off my CV and cover letter for a volunteering and experience position that could lead to a casual or full-time employment position with them. The guy who manages the department breeds snakes and seemed pleased with my enthusiasm when I spoke to him on Thursday so I can't wait to hear back!

Wish me luck everyone! :D

well done mate!!! best of luck. I'd love an opportunity like that :)

They do have an extensive aquatic section also, I saw the most adorable clown fish there! I am actually very surprised with how helpful the people I have met recently have been. It was Paul the snake whisperer that put me onto the scent when I was asking if he knew any breeders who would like a hand about their set-ups. Mostly I am looking for some hands-on experience before diving in and getting my own specimen on my 23rd birthday but a job opportunity sounds even more amazing. I now know 5 different breeders and they have all given me excellent advice and pointers so I am already feeling very confident about this. Been a long-time interest of mine and finally I have found I can make it all happen so am excited with the prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck :) closest I could get was head of aquarium section lol I am forever trying to talk my Boss into getting into reptiles ;)

Maybe you could tell him how lucrative it can be to get involved and that he already has one well-qualified person on his pay roll for the responsibility :D

Congratulations on the job mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back