Pregnant?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you will normally notice she gets fatter than normal and can be lumpy from eggs when she gravid

Witnessing ovulation is the easiest way:

DSC_0023.jpg

If you miss ovulation, look for thickening down the back end, laying belly up (some do this during follicle development, some do it only in late stages -- when nearing deposition, depends on the species and the individual). Pre-lay slough.

100% Slacker, snakes can seem gravid when they develop egg folicles, but without seeing ovulation it can all just be reabsorbed...

i saw them going at it a couple of weeks ago, and she seems bigger around the mid section, not as big as the above pic though. I still have her in with the male, they done seem interested in each other anymore though. They are diamonds by the way if that changes anything. Thanks the replies

Diamonds are spring breeders, Ovulation looks like they have eaten a big feed, you can't really miss it if your looking daily, for carpets at least. Basically you put your snakes together....they mate on and off for weeks / months, female gets fat towards her lower end.... people think Oh my snakes gravid... it's just unfertilized egg follicles forming.... if ovulation doesn't take place for some reason she will just reabsorb all the follicles and leave the keeper scratching their heads.... if she ovulates she will have eggs.

Coop
that pic shows exactly what ovulation looks like
yes she is ovulating
some females only get bulky near the rear end about 2 weeks before clutching .
congrats
Roger

I don't think coop showed a pic did he? I thought slacker only was showing an example.

Some more pics of ovulating womas
zzzzzzz-3.jpg

zzzzzzzz-3.jpg

zzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

the day before they ovulate they just look rather normal to slightly heavy, then you walk in and see them like this... it takes a few days to go down then swells back up as the eggs grow.

Gee, you can really tell with the attached pics. Mine definately isnt ovulating yet after seeing these pictures. Thanks heaps everyone, will keep an eye on her and keep everyone posted

Thanks guys this is an interesting thread ...coop fingers crossed that it happens to you soon...well your snake anyhow ..doubt very much you will ovulate.

Thanks guys this is an interesting thread ...coop fingers crossed that it happens to you soon...well your snake anyhow ..doubt very much you will ovulate.

lol, nah but my mrs did, she is due in 11 weeks hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back