Pretzel still refusing food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk1701

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wrote last week to check how soon after my spotted python rejected a feed (prey was too large) to feed again.

I have tried twice since the first rejection, 4 days apart (with smaller food items). Both times he has gotten the food about 3/4 of the way down then spit it out. I really don’t know what’s going wrong.

Nothing has changed besides the weather getting a bit colder. Temps in his enclosure are as of 1:00 today:

Cold side: 19
Warm side: 27
Inside warm hide:32

I don’t know if something is going on with his jaw maybe? It looks like there is a patch of scales on one side that’s maybe a bit raised? I tried to get photos but it’s hard.

c9f62770fac1e35559b43b6701764c9b.jpg
e20a287142fe4be1d4ba5978afa15e8a.jpg
af7b44a242ed3e8ed433858299996da7.jpg

Any ideas what could be going on?
Should I offer food again in a couple of days? If so should I go back to the last size that he ate successfully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you measuring those temps?? With a laser thermometer? (Recommended.)

Not sure if this is your issue but my warm side is always 35-36° and my cool side is 23°. Mine is still eating, took a weaner 2 nights ago. To me, your temps just seem a bit cool for eager feeding responses.

Hopefully there's nothing more sinister going on.

Yeah using a laser - I’ll bump my heating up a could of degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back