Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_Boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

Just a question.

you know how asper and amyae are highly priced geckos

does the northen prickly knob tail (nephrurus sheai) get a high price as well AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY?

they are all lovely lizards.

AND ANY PICS OF YOUR PRICY LIZARDS AND THE PRICE U PICKED EM UP FOR AS WELL POST HERE

Last edited:
From what I can tell Sheai are far less common in captivity than Asper and Amyae, and so IF you could find someone willing to sell them to you, you would pay a pretty penny for them, more than Asper or Amyae.

Here's a pic of Toby, one of my young Amyae.

Attachments

• Toby2.jpg
    Toby2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 297
i'll ask around for you, hopefully find out a price.

The first captive bred sheaii babies hatched in Australia popped out on Tuesday. There won't be any offered for sale for a few years yet.

The first captive bred sheaii babies hatched in Australia popped out on Tuesday. There won't be any offered for sale for a few years yet.

see i am just wonderin the prices they would be sold at i wouldnt buy for a few years

That is exciting news for all involved. Can't wait until they are available to all...Just a very long wait.
What is the reason behind none being bred in captivity? Have they been hard to breed? or only recently been allowed to keep them?

Cheers

That is exciting news for all involved. Can't wait until they are available to all...Just a very long wait.
What is the reason behind none being bred in captivity? Have they been hard to breed? or only recently been allowed to keep them?

Cheers

they come from the NT, from what i heard one of the easyer states to get a collection permit in. They would have only been collected in the last yr or so i would assume.

the sheai will sell for around $800 to $1000 per gecko from what i have been told by the people keeping them. next year they will hit the market but not in a big way just for private, most wont even be advertised. as for wheeleri who knows???? are they being sold? nobody knows?

[SIZE=-1]Wheeleri are on the market but about $4-5000 for hatchling pairs so i hear/read (there was a thread about them not long ago). I would have thought sheaii would go for more than $800-1000 though.
[/SIZE]

there is alot of talk about the sale of wheeleri but noby will own up to it.

My understanding with wheeleri (in regards to NSW anyway) is that none were declared during the amnesty - and the WA authorities have informed NPWS that none have been given legal permits to exit WA due to concerns about their status in the wild...

...therefore, any wheeleri kept on licence in NSW would be seized and, I would imagine, the keepers would be in a tad bit of strife...

hmmm, I heard they were on license but that could be BS to sell them.

I heard that there were kept in NSW and NT, but whether they're properly described on licence may be another story.

Ah the rumour mill is a wonderful thing :)

My understanding with wheeleri (in regards to NSW anyway) is that none were declared during the amnesty - and the WA authorities have informed NPWS that none have been given legal permits to exit WA due to concerns about their status in the wild...

...therefore, any wheeleri kept on licence in NSW would be seized and, I would imagine, the keepers would be in a tad bit of strife...

That was the story, as I understood it, from the licensing guy from NPWS that spoke at the Illawarra Reptile Society meeting last week...he specifically mentioned wheeleri as an example...

Aslan,
How long ago was the amnesty in NSW? My understanding of the animals in NSW is they haven't been there for too long (not 5years or so anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back