Problem feeder.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read this thread with interest. I've got a Bredlii and a Jungle both around 10 years old. Both have always eaten well- feed around once per month. For the last 2 months the bredlii (which has normally been a guts) has not wanted his food. It prompted me to come on here and look up this thread. He shows no interest even when I wave it in front of him (I always warm the food up to body temperature first) He looks fine so I might just try again next month. And I agree, its a pain wasting the food. Ive always just fed them rats because they are easiest to buy. Does anyone think I should try to get some quails or something.. or just wait and try a rat again next month?

It'll be fine. I'd just wait and offer a rat next month.

Cheers,

George.

I had this exact issue. I changed from thawed mice to freshly killed mice and problem fixed, one of my coastals just hated pre-frozen mice.

I've read this thread with interest. I've got a Bredlii and a Jungle both around 10 years old. Both have always eaten well- feed around once per month. For the last 2 months the bredlii (which has normally been a guts) has not wanted his food. It prompted me to come on here and look up this thread. He shows no interest even when I wave it in front of him (I always warm the food up to body temperature first) He looks fine so I might just try again next month. And I agree, its a pain wasting the food. Ive always just fed them rats because they are easiest to buy. Does anyone think I should try to get some quails or something.. or just wait and try a rat again next month?

I'd say yours is probably more a cooling behaviour during winter just wait another few weeks and offer again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would can the rats for a while and get your coastal feeding regularly on good size quail. For some reason like jungles some coastals hate eating rats when they are younger. I had a very nice coastal that would despise the look and smell of rats and would regurgitate its mouse or quail if you tried normal conversion methods so I gave up and kept it on an all quail diet. I actually think quail is a healthier food source for pythons as their does not seem to be as much fat and you end up with a leaner healthier looking snake.

I would can the rats for a while and get your coastal feeding regularly on good size quail. For some reason like jungles some coastals hate eating rats when they are younger. I had a very nice coastal that would despise the look and smell of rats and would regurgitate its mouse or quail if you tried normal conversion methods so I gave up and kept it on an all quail diet. I actually think quail is a healthier food source for pythons as their does not seem to be as much fat and you end up with a leaner healthier looking snake.

Yeah I might do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back