Professional animal preservation in Brisbane?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry89

Reaction score
December sucks, every year, and this year is no exception. My leaf tailed gecko has just passed away and I am looking to see if anyone knows a person who cleans carcasses and pins bones in Brisbane? I have never undertaken such a task myself and would rather not risk damaging or deforming his bones trying with no past experience to preserve him. He is in the freezer for now while I try to find any way to not let him go and also to let me shed a few tears. I know this will always happen with any living creature, but it doesn’t make the event easier to face.

Many thanks for any information at this stage.

get some dermestids and go on facebook and join "Aussie bone buddies" dermestid beetles are meat eating beatles and clean skulls and skeletons really well i dont think you could get him taxidermied but ask on the fb group

Thank you
[doublepost=1578351207,1577939810][/doublepost]Does anyone know of a person or business with a wildlife license (for deceased native fauna) who does bone articulation? It really seems to be a forgotten art form and limited to a few companies in Victoria as everyone else works with the skin, nothing in Queensland really. Also I have discovered it's illegal for me to clean and prepare him myself, very heavily regulated...

Thank you for the suggestion, I have an enquiry running at the moment with someone, but will keep this in mind.

goodluck mate, Id be sad if I lost mine or any I have in the future, lizards have such a unique presence. I can see why youd want to keep yours forever

Back