Pseudonaja affinis (Dugite Pictures)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thought I might show off some Dugites I Have had call outs for,
all are babies to yearling.

dugite021.jpg

dugite020.jpg

dugite2.jpg

dugite.jpg

callout002.jpg

callout001.jpg

Enjoy.

Very Nice, thanks for sharing.

They look similar to Western Browns! How closely related are they?

They are from the same family as the western Browns, both Dugites and Gwardars hatchlings do look alike in some areas.

There are places where dugites and gwarders can be found in the same habitat, for example the Swan Valley. I have not heard of any interbreeding of the 2 species, but not saying it hasn't or can't happen.
If it did happen, I don't think we would much to any differents in distribution between the two species as you can sometimes find Dugites having 2 or 3 postocular scales... thats my thoughts anyway.

Last edited:
Yes at the moment I am getting around 6 call outs a week for baby dugites already had 7 this week just in my area, it goes to show that the Dugites do well around the metro area.

I get alot of eastern browns here ...absolutely gorgeous snakes all the brownies are .....

are the juvies your way very excited and over confident as little EB's are ;) ?

Some babies are really easy to get into the bag or just sliver into it...
Then you have the yearling to adult ones trying their hardest to try get away from you are come towards you really fast wanting to get you, but turns into a bluff, typical browns I guess.

Love the pics but can't help but think there is so much variation in them even at a young age making it very hard for people to identify.

There nice looking snakes , are they as venomous as the browns ?

cheers nico

they are a brown snake, Spotted Brown, though not sure if as venomous as the Eastern they would be almost on par. and they are believed to hybridize with the Western Brown and this can pose difficulty in ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back