Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrightpython

Reaction score
Has anyone bred pure black diamonds yet or is this a new neich? Not that i have one just thought it would be cool.

i dont know a but pure blak, but there are a few very darks ones out there with very little pipping on them,

I'm surprised nobody has them (unless they do and they just don't tell anyone). I would have thought that with some of the high black ones getting around it would only be a few generations worth of work

i have my eyes on a very nice black and white diamond, it is a pretty black dominated animal! now just to convince the owner to part with it! :p

might have to go down this line as they seem to be trying to get pure blacks with womas and bhp. It would be nice to have deep black with just creamy belly

There are pure black "hypermelanistic" darwins. They should be proven in a few years

if you got pure black diamonds would they have that fancy long hyperdovielackie name as well or would they just be called black inless thats racist

I guess that would be up to whoever produces them. Naming rights for new morphs generally go to the creator don't they? (not god :p)

looks like a reduced pattern or just shedding not a very good example sorry peter was after complete black

We are not worthy :C. Haha, very nice. Very nice indeed.

You're kidding, right?

i can see yellow flecks on its sides . Heading says PURE Black not mostly black with a few flecks. its like saying ive got an albino with a few brown spots. Not saying its not beautiful and a good start but i wonder if you can get a pure black, no flecks, surely those a lot more talented than myself have thought about this???

Last edited:
So would you name it a black diamond sans diamonds?
Or a none diamond black diamond?

i reckon non diamond reduced pattern hyperdoovielackie morelia spilota spilota bettera than normala

There are pure black "hypermelanistic" darwins. They should be proven in a few years

john weigel has been trying to prove that snake for years and has had no luck yet. I doubt we will see these on the market anytime soon If at all.

I guess that would be up to whoever produces them. Naming rights for new morphs generally go to the creator don't they? (not god :p)
that would also depend on mode of inheritance. If the animal is line bred for a reduced pattern it is totally different from a melanistic animal.

Last edited:

Awesome looking diamond! Here is a pic for those who can't see it:

163920_475740551591_727931591_5874397_7116128_n.jpg

Have you bred it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back