Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a cool looking snake !!

It does have coastal carpet type markings , but not being expert???
Is it a throwback from a natural intergrade? or is gosford to far south for that type of thing to happen ?

I know its from the net so i am not %100 sure but this one is a coastal carpet I am just interested and confused .
Carpet-python-(2).jpg

That "coastal" probably has some diamond in it as well. Definitely not a 100% coastal. I think both of these snakes are some level of intergrade. Not that it's a bad thing. But neither of them look like a diamond or a coastal.

I would very much doubt that snakeranch would label an intergrade as pure Gosford locale.
Then again, they always happen to produce the out-of-ordinary specimens... Black womas... Jokes. A really beautiful animal.

All i can say is where is the line i have to get into to get 1..............................................Ron

Hi snake Ranch, I hate to sound like an internet expert but if you post a photo such as this with minimal information then I guess you expect to provoke discussion more so calling them pure gosford diamonds. My thoughts are that if you out crossed to a coastal to introduce the hypo gene into Diamonds then good on you, if you do it responsibly and get the diamonds back to an acceptable percentage, these are not wild animals and you do breed snakes for profit I have no problem with that. The light snake in the photo does show a much wider cross band along the back and if you did not call it for a diamond I would have called it for a coastal. As another has said i too would love to see the parents and the other siblings.

a few wild assumptions going on as i kinda expected , the animal does look to have some sort of intergrade thing going on , but to my knowledge isnt gosford still in the "intergrade zone" so to say although it is very close to diamond country ? ive never herped there so can only go off what ive been told , i thought the real pure diamonds (ie the ones with tiny rossetts and a nice black and white colour) started a little further south anyway

so so to me there doesnt seem to be any crossing going on here , just a pure locality animal as its been labelled that is a little different to the norm

i am curious though snake ranch how do you know/ get your hands on a pure locality carpet in nsw , im guessing that the lines been kept pure since they where originally wild caught years ago , or that you guys have been granted some sort of permit to catch them at some point , not having a dig just curious really

I have seen pictures of Gosford locale Diamonds that have been reported to be found in the Gosford area with patterns along the lines of some of the intergrades seen a little further north than Gosford ( I recall one being posted not that long ago on this site?)

I do see a resemblance of this pattern in this yellow snake. The yellow looks more like 'banana' yellow than the 'gold' yellow your see on high yellow diamonds, but can be hard to pick colors from a photo.

A very nice specimen.

That "coastal" probably has some diamond in it as well. Definitely not a 100% coastal. I think both of these snakes are some level of intergrade. Not that it's a bad thing. But neither of them look like a diamond or a coastal.

I would agree....definitely some level of intergrade in this 'coastal'.

All you internet experts should get out in the bush more often.
Stunning Diamond SR, the best ive seen.

When was the last time you saw a "diamond" like the yellow one, out in the bush? And the diamond in your video may well have been on the bottom end of the intergrade scale. Hence the very slight difference in markings.

1. I have seen plenty with that pattern, not colour
2. I dont have a video
3. The diamond in that link is from Springwood, no where near intergrade territory.

When was the last time you saw a "diamond" like the yellow one, out in the bush? And the diamond in your video may well have been on the bottom end of the intergrade scale. Hence the very slight difference in markings.

The coastal strip between Sydney and the central coast Is the heartland of Diamond Pythons, where anything from very dark, to gold can be found, and any patterning, from tight rosettes, to banding....the sibling shot just proves that anything can be thrown up in a clutch. If that came up In a clutch of mine, the next 10 years would be interesting....wonder what SR will call this new line :)

The coastal strip between Sydney and the central coast Is the heartland of Diamond Pythons, where anything from very dark, to gold can be found, and any patterning, from tight rosettes, to banding....the sibling shot just proves that anything can be thrown up in a clutch. If that came up In a clutch of mine, the next 10 years would be interesting....wonder what SR will call this new line :)

I'd extend that a bit further south but thats pretty much what I have found.

Actually they are found as far down as the Victorian border, according to the books.

If this was the only one like that then I would not say it's an intergrade otherwise its fellow clutch mates would likely have some degree of different appearance however the other one shown looked very pure diamond. In saying this, I am yet to see the parents or the rest of the clutch. I must also add the whole diamond locales, intergrades and gosfords being intergrades according to some I find very confusing and am still learning whats what.

Was not commenting on distribution, was more a reply to the misinformed post, putting Gosford In the Intergrade zone......hence "heartland"...:)

...The rosettes resemble more of a normal diamond - tight rosettes. Interesting though. And diamonds do occasionally show the more banded pattern. Less common but it does happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back