Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great looking animal but it does not look like a pure diamond going by the pattern on the animal. Looks like it has a % of coastal in it.

Glad we have so many diamond experts on this site.
And it would obviously be advantageous for a company who has such a strong reputation in the community to come onto a public forum and tell lies.

Cracker animal fellas. I hope it turns out to be something good for you

I wonder if the one Vixen has on her thread will turn out like this one? Very nice looking snake. And I know one is said to be an intergade and one is said to be pure diamond but they have a similar colour but the intergade does not have the black flecks.

It's no wonder big breeders stop frequenting this site when they have to deal with all these experts with their single snake in their room.

Last edited by a moderator:
In reality it could be anything, we will in all likelihood never know. The same with most diamonds really. Maybe keepers with their escaped coastals have had an influence over many populations around Sydney. I can remember a post awhile ago of someone posting a pic of a wild diamond mating with an escaped coastal that they found. The question would be to what extent does this happen and the influence this has on the genetic pool. Is the diamond python population around Sydney fairly intact or is it now polluted due to keeper's escapees? Who knows for sure. Given that the Diamond is so closely related to coastals genetically I guess its reasonable to expect some level of bands in so called diamonds but we will never know.

I think part of the problem is that as far as diamonds are concerned, whenever someone breeds something unexpected or out of the ordinary people refuse to beleive it could have been an act of nature because of the common beleif that a "true" diamond must have tiny rosettes of no more than 5-7 scales and minimal head patterning. Anything that doesn`t fit this very tight description gets labelled an intergrade or a cross.

cannot wait to see how this one develops as time goes by. Great work SR.

is there any other difference between intergrades and diamonds other than pattern or colour ,such as scale count etc? and wouldnt there be some sort of polymorphism or environmental influence that would make thier colours and patterns change? eg darker snake colder areas, brighter snake hot areas? sorry lol im starting to get real confused....

^^^ just dragons i know you mean it but that could fit into the "sarcastic " thread teaching of a deflective tool !!

Yes i questioned the snake !!!! thats how you learn -- by asking questions . I do not have a reply yet , instead it is a lively discussion so far . thanks Perko I have no diamonds yet , i think everyone selling them at castle hill and newcastle saw my face and probably answered my questions ,one or two i wanted to purchase but by the time i had found the Boss and returned they were gone :(

Over easter we went down the coast and met a fellow who rescues and has a few diamonds two of which are almost all black , just interspursed single yellow scales , so yes I know how different they can be

environmental influence that would make thier colours and patterns change? eg darker snake colder areas, brighter snake hot areas?

All morelia are genetically the same. Their looks are determined by their environment. This is why we have intergrade zones, because the Morelia changes as the environment changes.

@borntobenude no I was being serious. Im very interested to see how this one grows up :). I ment no disrespect to anyone at all.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

From one end of the colour scale to the other......

P1030574.jpg

SR, that is an unusually unique great looking snake and good luck with it. Fay that snake is an absolute stunner and is something that makes my mouth water! Please keep us updated with what you pair it with and what the outcome is as that is seriously smokin!!!

Well this thread has achieved it's aim, throw out the bait and let them bite, so far it has been healthy, I think we can all agree that all Carpet pythons vary in colour from individual to individual, and diamonds are most likely the most variable and the animal in question is likely a pure diamond.
Snake Ranch why don't you just share information in regards to the history of this hatchling, pics of the parents and other siblings. By not doing so you open yourselves up to rumors and people making their own judgements and eventually mud sticks, surely not good for business? Is starting a thread to stir up passionate hobbyists (your customers) the best way you can find to promote your business? My advise to snake ranch utelise the forums to promote yourselves in a healthy way

Well this thread has achieved it's aim, throw out the bait and let them bite, so far it has been healthy, I think we can all agree that all Carpet pythons vary in colour from individual to individual, and diamonds are most likely the most variable and the animal in question is likely a pure diamond.
Snake Ranch why don't you just share information in regards to the history of this hatchling, pics of the parents and other siblings. By not doing so you open yourselves up to rumors and people making their own judgements and eventually mud sticks, surely not good for business? Is starting a thread to stir up passionate hobbyists (your customers) the best way you can find to promote your business? My advise to snake ranch utelise the forums to promote yourselves in a healthy way

If you are implying that snakeranch have promoted their business in a bad way I have to disagree. Any hobbyist who has done the slightest bit of research will likely know snakeranch and the quality animals produced. IMO they don't have to go shoving heaps of photos of parents, siblings etc (despite how nice it would be ;)) for us to work out that they are not scamming us and calling an intergrade a diamond. Diamonds vary a lot. To be able to comment you must understand this s as not to go making yourself look like a fool insulting a renowned breeder. They have not stirred up their customers. We have stirred one another up by being so ignorant to a highly regarded breeder and other very experienced members.

These have occurred before. Not on such a dramatic scale but as I mentioned earlier, Cutting Edge Morelia show a similar (darker) pure Gosford diamond on their site under the available diamonds. (It's actually a holdback and rightly so)

This specimen is simply another stunning creature that was produced (maybe by fluke) by snakeranch.
IMO this does not put them in bad light but rather shows the sheer beauty and quality of their animals and excites us hobbyists and keeps us keen for what's to come in the future of captive reptiles in Australia.

I want to know how you can say its of 'pure gosford' locality.
You see snakes passed off as various locales all the time with no proof.
It could be a diamond, integrade or coastal.

But, it's a very pretty snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back