Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From one end of the colour scale to the other......

P1030574.jpg

This has more colour than the ones i saw over easter !!

The SR one has pattern on yellow, this has pattern on black. That was what I was meaning. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know how you can say its of 'pure gosford' locality.
You see snakes passed off as various locales all the time with no proof.
It could be a diamond, integrade or coastal.

But, it's a very pretty snake.

Yes but the people giving them more respected labels are not breeders like Snake Ranch. SR have no need to be putting sought after labels on animals that arent what they say they are.

Passing this off as something it's not cannot possibly benefit SXR in any way. For such an established and well respected breeder it can do nothing but damage a shining reputation in this hobby.
There is no need for them to do it and they are at a point of respect and standing in the industry that, if they call a spade a spade you can put all your damn money on it being a spade!

There is NO Way in the world that SR would say something wasn't what it is. Why do you feel that it is hard to beleive that it is pure Gosford Diamond? Has anyone seen EVERY Diamond that is out there in the wild to know what one should look like?? They are TOO respected and have too much to lose through lying.

To the people who say it is not what SR say it is I have one question. What would SR have to gain from calling a snake something different than what it is? If they have a beautiful snake of what ever species people will buy it no matter what it is called.

my way of thinking is: SR are basically the Australian Reptile Park so having a zoo licence their foundation breeder animals would have all been wild caught so they know exact locales. thats why I got my wheatbelts from there. i hope my way of thinking is right...

I'm sick of people trying to question a very renowned, high quality breeder. Just suck it up. You're all jealous that they produce beautiful animals with pure localities without needing to intentionally label them incorrectly.

my way of thinking is: SR are basically the Australian Reptile Park so having a zoo licence their foundation breeder animals would have all been wild caught so they know exact locales. thats why I got my wheatbelts from there. i hope my way of thinking is right...
saved me a long winded

I'm sick of people trying to question a very renowned, high quality breeder. Just suck it up. You're all jealous that they produce beautiful animals with pure localities without needing to intentionally label them incorrectly.

Nothing against SR, but NOONE is above question. People think its not what they say, so they ask. If SR doesn't want to comment or provide some more info, that's their choice. Blindly following something because they have a rep is foolish. No, im not saying SR are lying, this is just general advice :)

Its like we have a new conspiracy.... forget the Bilderbergs and Rothschilds.... SR's very yellow diamond is much more important :D

As I`ve said before, the only reason this is causing such a stir in my humble opinion is because of two words, "pure" and "diamond". If it was a pure coastal, jungle, darwin, stimmy etc. people would be congratulating them on an awsome looking snake, waiting with anticipation for the day they can get thier hands on one for thier own collections. But there seems to be this stigma that a diamond can only ever look a certain way and that anything else isn`t merely a freak of nature but rather a deceitful effort by the breeder to rob people of thier hard earned. Diamonds and intergrades are by far my favourite snake but it makes me wonder if its worth getting involved in breeding them because of the constant bickering and finger pointing that goes on around them.
That feels a little better :D

a few wild assumptions going on as i kinda expected , the animal does look to have some sort of intergrade thing going on , but to my knowledge isnt gosford still in the "intergrade zone" so to say although it is very close to diamond country ? ive never herped there so can only go off what ive been told , i thought the real pure diamonds (ie the ones with tiny rossetts and a nice black and white colour) started a little further south anyway

so so to me there doesnt seem to be any crossing going on here , just a pure locality animal as its been labelled that is a little different to the norm

i am curious though snake ranch how do you know/ get your hands on a pure locality carpet in nsw , im guessing that the lines been kept pure since they where originally wild caught years ago , or that you guys have been granted some sort of permit to catch them at some point , not having a dig just curious really
just thought id make it clear that my above post i was in no way questioning the snakes purity , i was merely offering an explanation to the doubters although as its been pointed out i was under the wrong impression

i was led to believe that gosford was sort of the cross over point so to say , kind of like how they say coffs is the other end of the intergrade zone and that most of what youd find there would be diamonds but that there was still the odd intergrade looking specimen floating about (please no stupid comments about how they must just know they cant cross the invisible line in the bush , its getting old )

just thought id make it clear though that i was i no way saying it where a cross or anything else cheers

just thought id make it clear that my above post i was in no way questioning the snakes purity , i was merely offering an explanation to the doubters although as its been pointed out i was under the wrong impression

i was led to believe that gosford was sort of the cross over point so to say , kind of like how they say coffs is the other end of the intergrade zone and that most of what youd find there would be diamonds but that there was still the odd intergrade looking specimen floating about (please no stupid comments about how they must just know they cant cross the invisible line in the bush , its getting old )

just thought id make it clear though that i was i no way saying it where a cross or anything else cheers

I wouldn`t feel too bad about making this mistake as there was a sponsor of this site selling "Gosford Diamond Intergrades" a while ago. I know a lot of the old timers on here get sick of the intergrade debate but is it any wonder it keeps coming up when its such a confusing subject that depends largely on opinion rather than scientific fact.

I wouldn`t feel too bad about making this mistake as there was a sponsor of this site selling "Gosford Diamond Intergrades" a while ago. I know a lot of the old timers on here get sick of the intergrade debate but is it any wonder it keeps coming up when its such a confusing subject that depends largely on opinion rather than scientific fact.
thats it , the person who told me that was a family friend who comes from wollongong and he is a keen herper himself , so it was info i took on board as he has spent time there himself , whether its correct or not i cant be sure

Not disputing what you say about their animals ( I also own one of theirs), I am not sure the zoo licence thing is still applicable since SR was sold off last year. As far as I am aware, ARP and SR are no longer owned by the same people. Happy to stand corrected though.

I don't call myself a diamond expert but I have probably seen more wild diamonds then anyone else on this thread. I have been doing my own research on this subspecies for years and have many photos of wild diamonds, especially their head patterns as this is what I use to identify ones that I know are in an area and I re-catch.
I am licenced to catch and release in the Gosford shire, so I deal with Gosford locality diamonds on a regular basis.
The "pure diamond" look that many people believe is the norm (or what makes it pure) is the small perfect rossettes, neatly lined up, Fay's photo shows that.
This "look" is the exception rather then the norm (around Gosford). But I have never seen a banded diamond either. At best they are very weakly banded, with clusters of rossettes that form little cross body stripes (across the body, not parrallel to it). In my experience Gosford diamonds do not have any striping parrallel to the body or any marking that could be called banding. This type of pattern does occur further north of Gosford, and to my knowledge starts somewhere around the Treachery Beach area and goes north.
I see no reason to doubt Snake Ranch on this animal, and to be honest I asked them to sell it, but they declined!

If you take a look at this one mid body you will see the little cross body bands that are the norm for pure Gosford locality wild diamonds that I mentioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back