PVC/Polyethylene plastic enclosures!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KWKW

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Been looking at afew international sites and am seeing so many builders of PVC/[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Polyethylene [/FONT]plastic reptile cages such as Constrictors Northwest etc but dont want to really want to buy international but they are just so much cheaper with the Aussie dollar going so strong.
But is there any builders here in australia that can match it with quality of the US bunch??
can someone list australia's PVC/Polyethylene plastic enclosure builders?

Ok so nobody builds these type of cages in australia?

Last edited:
anyone no anybody who works in building plastic cages in Aus???

I'm working on a design as we speak. I expect to hear back from my supplier this week with a quote. Once I have the details nutted out, I will launch a thread on it here!

WOW!

I like those but I shudder at the thought of what they'd cost.

cool snake whisperer! look forward to seeing what you have on offer.

I also like the pull out draw design cages made by monster cages very smart design for arboreal species like greens

BUMP!

Hey there SW. Have you got any news on your PVC enclosures?

Thanks,
~K.

I make PVC cages, I have shown them at the Qld expos.
Biggest problem is the expense of the materials, not cheap.
Send me a PM and we can talk.
I have not used wood in any of my cages for over ten years now.
The benefits of the newer materials over wood are huge.
I also use others products cheaper than the PVC which I can flat pack and you can glue it togeather yourself.

Here are some awesome US sites that show just how good PVC enclosures can look.

SENTEC - Custom Enclosures and Guarding

Plastic Reptile Cages, Tanks and Racks. Snake, arboreal, lizard and turtle light weight custom flexwatt heated enclosures.

I make PVC cages, I have shown them at the Qld expos.
Biggest problem is the expense of the materials, not cheap.
Send me a PM and we can talk.
I have not used wood in any of my cages for over ten years now.
The benefits of the newer materials over wood are huge.
I also use others products cheaper than the PVC which I can flat pack and you can glue it togeather yourself.

Thanks for that Euan but I was just curious to see how SW was going with the concept.

You should post pics of your enclosures!

I should have specified I was replying to KWKW mainly :)
Will try to get up photos tomorrow.

Yeh, flicked that program due to costs. My experience tells me few folks are too keen to pay over $300 for a 4' enclosure, price for a 1200L x 450H x 600D was going to be over $700. Good on folks who make them though, I loved the idea, just wasn't practical for me. Only solution I found was to buy bulk, but all I could get was a shipping container full! I don't have room for a dining room table, certainly couldn't store a container full of PVC sheet!

I'm actually building myself a fiberglass enclosure as we speak and it's proving hexy in my pocket I think 700 for a PVC enclosure is ok considering they will last forever. I would of bought them.

Cheers Brenton

I'll make u a black plastic enclosure for $700 ;) give me a week!

I like the idea of plastic enclosures and considered making some until i realised how much it would cost especially compared to melamine. I did happen to find some massive tubs though which were 1200 x 600 x 600 or there about and then another size at 1200 x 900 x 600 but they were about $300 or more before freight and the effort of modifying them into enclosures so decided against it. I'm definately interested in finding out how much other people can make them for tho.

Cheapest price I have found for Black HDPE is $220.00 for a 2440 x 1220mm sheet - trimmed & pre-drilled... 15mm thickness.
That would make a 4x2x2 enclosure. Add black tracks and glass and Bob's your uncle.

It seems hard justifying spending that much compared to the cost of a sheet of melamine... would you happen to know how much it was for a sheet in 10 or 12mm?

But melimine will not last forever so add up how many times you will replace the enclosure over a lifetime of a snake.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back