Pygmy bearded dragon has laid an odd poop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hi all,

Little Fangus has started to stir post burmation and has had a bowel movement after a couple of feeds this week, however I am concerned with it's appearance. This being our first dragon I was hoping the brains trust could let me know if this is normal (a plug coming out etc.), or a vet visit must. No blood, just very odd colour and texture, please see images. Also, Fang only hatched in February, we didn't want burmation, but lost the battle of wills early on.

IMG_4484.jpg IMG_4483.jpg IMG_4485.jpg IMG_4446.jpg

As a long time keeper/breeder of dragons, it appears normal to me. It is possible he retained it during brumation so it is a little drier than usual. Sometimes it is impossible to keep them awake for the first winter, I always try but occasionally lose.After all it is natural for them

@dragonlover1 thank you very much, I appreciate the input. I was thinking we should be safe, but nothing in any texts I have at home or google image search turned up a similar looking excretion. Otherwise the little one has held up well and not lost much weight etc. still a little dozy, but is getting more active slowly and drinking more. Thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back