Pygmy python morphs and some other questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

entityworkshop

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing a pygmy python (or 2 to breed)

Just wondering what sort of colours they are available in. I've seen the "patternless" variety and also seen very rusty red coloured animals too.

Also what sized housing? is a small plywood enclosure (60L X 30W X 15CMH) suitable for one adult?

If anyone knows someone who breeds them in VIC that would be perfect.

Also I'd love to see pygmy python photos you might have!

Cheers,

Salvador.

Hi mate, if you’re new to breeding antaresia, I couldn’t recommend starting on Pygmy pythons as hatchlings are extremely delicate and are a pain in the butt to get feeding as they’ll only take something the size of a fuzzy foot

as for colours, there’s the red and the brown coloured looks
In Germany they have a “pearl” morph which is more of a silver colour

housing these guys is very easy 60x30x15 will be enough at 33c day time temps

Hi mate, if you’re new to breeding antaresia, I couldn’t recommend starting on Pygmy pythons as hatchlings are extremely delicate and are a pain in the butt to get feeding as they’ll only take something the size of a fuzzy foot

as for colours, there’s the red and the brown coloured looks
In Germany they have a “pearl” morph which is more of a silver colour

housing these guys is very easy 60x30x15 will be enough at 33c day time temps
Thank you so much for your time and advice!

In that case I think I'll just get a male with nice colours and have it as a display animal.

Do you know anyone in (ideally in VIC) who would have a patternless or very rusty red animal? do the red animals fade to brown as they get older?

Latest posts

Back