Pygmy python setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Reaction score
Any information on a set up pics would be nice i have two enclosure slightly larger than the nsw code of practice sizes gonna get some hatchies soon would like as much information i have mike swans book but id like some more info thanks for the help guys

Well hatchies would be kept inside click-clacks for at least 6 - 8 months or until they are confident/large enough to be in their own enclosure. I usually keep my click-clacks in the enclosure, with the warm end resting on a heat stone. As the babies get older, the lid is left off the CC for a few hours each night to encourage them to explore and be comfortable, and I usually find that within a few weeks they don't bother going back into to CC at all and are quite happy in their new enclosure. Obviously, there needs to be heaps of hides, plants, caves etc for them in the enclosure so when they are ready to explore, they feel safe.

Where can you get spinfex grass

- - - Updated - - -

What about for the tracks so they cant get out

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. Sorry to jump in.

How do you get a uv lamp in to a click clack?

Hi. Sorry to jump in.

How do you get a uv lamp in to a click clack?

I think the answer is that you don't. I believe the thinking is that snakes are as UV dependant as say dragons. Hence the many snake rack designs that you see around.

- - - Updated - - -

Where can you get spinfex grass

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what your asking. Click Clacks also provide great confidence that they will not escape, until they are larger. My young Macs got out through some of the smallest gaps.

Antaresia don't get need UV lighting, they get their Vit D etc from the liver of their prey

For sliding doors i know they can get through gaps is there a track that has a small gap in the middle

Im setting up for a stimmie, with the clickclack as Xeaal recommended. Agree with everything there. I have an old 2ft enclosure with lighting that the click clack will sit inside, and I think it's a great idea to start opening up the click clack after 8 months at night every so often, I'll definitely be doing that

I have had total success with all my babies by putting their click-clacks into larger enclosures to start with - I am not a breeder and only have 8 snakes, so I don't need anything as elaborate as a snake rack. But I found an awesome design on this site (in the DIY section) for a heat rock, using a routed piece of MDF, with a 15w heat cord threaded through the channels and a piece of slate or a ceramic tile on top. Works fantastic and a 30cm x30cm tile placed in the middle of a 3ft enc will fit two click-clacks, so each has a warm end on the rock, and cool end off it. Nice steady heat, cheap to run and easy to keep clean. Also, when the little one is ready to move up in the world, he/she is already familiar with the smell of the enclosure they are moving into, so it's not such a big change.

To reaffirm what Xeaal said – pythons do not need exposure to UVB light. They can obtain and make use of the vitamin D stored in the liver of their items. This is why they need whole vertebrates and should not be fed just body parts, like drumsticks for an extended period of time.

All Antaresia are expert escape artists. Where the front of the cage has sliding glass doors you need to add a weather strip between them to seal this escape route. It comes in self-adhesive strips. There are two I am aware of – a foam and a brush (like a cut loop carpet). The brush one is the one to use.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back