Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it just depends on the animal, I'm sure some would be a push over and some would act like they were getting killed, just like trying to get healthfood into kids...

When the weather warms up I'll have a go, the shoebox I live in isn't really suited to catching them, in big 2 story places with wide eaves it's so easy. I have a hard enough time getting the odd one to scent with from my own house.....Might have to start haunting the local uni late a night with a watergun :lol:

Will these guys be at the Brisbane reptile show coming up? As I am very interested in seeing them and possibly purchasing one or two. They are amazing and thanks for sharing.

Has anyone got any idea at what age you're able to sex schraderi by checking for the spurs on males (behind the 'flap'- from memory called paracloacal spurs but correct me if I'm wrong)? Do they exist from birth and just get larger as the animal grows or do they become more evident in males as they mature? Have got a 2 animals here I think might be females but they're also only probably 7 months old (although growing fairly strongly).

Hey mate, they seem to exist from hatching and become more evident as they mature.

I have been able to sex Pygopus lepidopodus from about one month of age due to the presence/ absence of spurs beneath the hindlimb vestiges.

Great, might have a few females then. Maybe. Without getting my hopes up, lol. Males abound....have had less luck with fems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back