Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
back of the neck, that seems like a nasty one! How'd that happen, wait were you letting one sit around your neck like most of us do? I push my luck each time I do that with some of my more skittish ones, I'm just waiting for a face tag or something similar to happen I guess!

Descent sized snake to cop a bite from! You're just lucky I guess lol

I've got a young hybrid thing that always seems to want to "go the chomp" but luckily never has. He always seems to get a bit feisty when the kids roll up with their friends and want a hold him. Meantime I'm wondering how their parents will react when they get hammered by it :p

I've got a 6 1/2ft Water python I've never trusted since he attached himself one afternoon onto the inner part of my ear...still he's a good boy (normally :lol:)

Persistence and patience is the key. Just be brave :D

So whats the weirdest spots people have been bitten in? I mostly get tagged on the hands, sometimes the arms. I've gotten a tag on my knee and also on my left side. Not on the face yet thank God!

I was bitten on the breast by an adult spotted python I had, that was awkward...

I've got a 6 1/2ft Water python I've never trusted since he attached himself one afternoon onto the inner part of my ear..

OUCH!!! Bad luck if you didn't want that ear pierced. My water python is still young and not tiny but not big either and she can be a bit flighty when I first get her out. I hate it when she comes at my face but I have short arms so there's not always much I can do about it.

So whats the weirdest spots people have been bitten in? I mostly get tagged on the hands, sometimes the arms. I've gotten a tag on my knee and also on my left side. Not on the face yet thank God!

I've been tagged on the face/forehead by a 6 foot Jungle carpet. Needless to say, it was certainly not a fun experience. Wounds from my hairline to my eyebrow, got off lucky, if it had been a tad lower, would've gotten me right in the eye.

back of the neck, that seems like a nasty one! How'd that happen, wait were you letting one sit around your neck like most of us do? I push my luck each time I do that with some of my more skittish ones, I'm just waiting for a face tag or something similar to happen I guess!
I was carrying Scrubby out of the shed over my shoulder to show some people and she swung round and tagged me on the neck just under the hair line .Didn't notice it till I had a shower later on and found I had a large amount of dried blood in my hair .

On the face...

5pLKn.jpg

5pLNA.jpg

^Must have hacked you hard to bruise like that. :?

i once got one from a yearling diamond on the eye, didn't actually get my eye but either side of it. had a black eye for a few days. try explaining that to people you weren't in a fight over the weekend and it was a snake bite!

I think I have been bitten about 20 times by the same snake in the last week

would love to show pics but the poor little hatchie is so angry and funny no one can stop laughing to take a picture .
Now that it has shed and is all cleaned up we will not touch it for a week or so and let it calm down ( hopefully )

when snakes latch on as feeding responses you are much better off getting 2 or 3 good feeds into them before playing again

I have a jungle, and we call him snappy, he was going up over my shoulder and it made me tense my neck when he slid past it, accidently moved my neck really quick towards him, and I look behind me and he is latching onto my hair. Not very nice! But probably a lot better than a lot of these other stories.

I think I have been bitten about 20 times by the same snake in the last week

would love to show pics but the poor little hatchie is so angry and funny no one can stop laughing to take a picture .
Now that it has shed and is all cleaned up we will not touch it for a week or so and let it calm down ( hopefully )

Good luck I have a hatchie and its crazy bites me all the time and gets all coiled up in defense mode ready to strike every time I walk past the viv

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Good luck I have a hatchie and its crazy bites me all the time and gets all coiled up in defense mode ready to strike every time I walk past the viv

I think its time for you to access your enclosure to figure out why exactly your snake is so stressed. It can be a number of factors, such as inadequate hides, to hot, to cold, to much human traffic, bright lights, uncovered sides of the enclosure(mainly glass tanks) etc. Don't take this the wrong way, im not having a go at you. Im just trying to help.

Regards, Patrick

P.S face bites are the worst. My last two bites were in the face. YAY GREENS!!! :rolleyes:

I think its time for you to access your enclosure to figure out why exactly your snake is so stressed. It can be a number of factors, such as inadequate hides, to hot, to cold, to much human traffic, bright lights, uncovered sides of the enclosure(mainly glass tanks) etc. Don't take this the wrong way, im not having a go at you. Im just trying to help.

Regards, Patrick

P.S face bites are the worst. My last two bites were in the face. YAY GREENS!!! :rolleyes:

My viv has glass front but none of the other things you said should be an issue in my viv and yea haven't had a face my mines a little darwin so not going to be little for ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back