Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so your pets are all fine, but have you counted the kids recently?

You're concerned about a python that has to be locked in a cage whilst unsupervised getting your dog but not if it goes in the backyard or even in the house? My friend recently had her 10 week old kitten inside the house and a carpet python made its way in and ate it. I would be more concerned about snakes that aren't in cages that aren't yours to be honest.

I own 4 pythons, my largest being a BHP. I also own a very small Jack Russell. If the BHP is out of the cage, the dog is out the back. Simple as that. Dont put the snake with the dog and both will live long happy lives.
If your snake's cage is escape proof then you have nothing to worry about.

Maybe someone should make little 'hannibal Lecter' face mask muzzle things for snakes? Might catch on :lol:

Make sure your chihuahua has a studded collar on..... well, maybe not ;)

I wouldnt mind at all if an accident was to occure between my wifes anoying cat and my diamond..... but I wouldnt do it, just an entertaining thought. lol

I have dog /cat eating size snakes and so long as they are kept apart then no problem .

Oh please - your snakes are human-eating size! One of them even has it's own granny flat...

Any native snake is good if you have an escape proof enclosure... I have a small cat running around my house that sit's on top of the snake enclosures.
I cant believe you said you have a cat on APS!!!! That's it I'm calling the mods... ;)

Hmmmm... What a strange question. I think I would have the opposite problem. If my snake ever got out (which I can't imagine happening because I am pedantic and have it double locked) my three big dogs would probably play tug of war. Just keep them separated and when my python is out the dogs are locked (yes locked because one of them figured out how to open doors) in another room or outside. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back