Python Gender Diffrences?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One goes shopping while the others at home protecting the beer lol [MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] ha ha

Last edited:
Females typically grow larger than males. Males generally have a longer and more slender tail whereas females typically have a shorter and thicker tail.

My male BHP lives in a blue tub and my female lives in a pink one. Well at least they used to when they were younger but now they are growing up they have chosen more gender neutral colours.

Is there any particular differences you are looking for? How the act or how you tell by looking or how you tell altogether?

Attachments

• Heat cord 3.jpg
    Heat cord 3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 55
Hey andynic,
I was just wondering differences in size, temperament, feeding, etc.

I am getting python in January and am wondering if there are any differences in keeping.

Thanks,
YayPythons :D

No difference in keeping or feeding or temperament. There are quite a few people around that are looking to sell a snake that they have bought for breeding purposes and it turns out that they have the wrong sex so even a sexed snake may turn out the opposite. I went with the coloured boxes to have a quick visual identification of which was which until I got to know the colours and patterns of my suspected male and female BHP's. Actually thinking more about it during breeding season after a snake is sexually mature you will notice a bit of a difference. A male is more likely to go off food and some males will pace the enclosure looking for a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back