python hatchling problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpy

Reaction score
carpet python hatchling has deformed spine and i cant find my book to look up if i have to freeze it or can help it some way. The whole spine is twisted right down to its tail. doent look good visually or for him/her. And besides probing (not going to happen on my hatchlings) or a tail lenght check what othe way is there to tell sex. thanks

It will have to be put down mate and sexing is either probing the popping method but isnt to be done unless you know what your doing or the size of the spurs and as its only a hatchling probing is the best way. Thats JMO

Gee that doesn't sound good sharpy. I knew someone that bred a snake with a bent spine & just left it to see how it would go. But from what you're describing it sounds pretty bad. Any photos? Best of luck.

Pics as requested. think its freezer time, bugger.

100_1433.jpg

i don't imagine that is likely to come good any time soon. i would be putting it out of its misery....

put it down, thats the most humane thing to do

is it moving and doing everything it should do without any problems best of luck

i would saiy put it down unless u now wat your doing and u have the time to take care of it but puting it down would be the best thing.

the sexing side of things that would be the dummest thing to do i would not even think about it you would never be able to bread it and i would never try to.

some time these things can work out and can fix them selfs, nut in your case it looks pretty severe so i would be putting it down. Sorry but it looks to be the best option, best of luck deciding

Geez. Poor little bugger. It's heartbreaking seeing the little ones struggle. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Thoughts are with you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back