Python rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what you've done there, especially the front stopper. What did you use for the back? Also is it heated with heat tape?

I have aluminium strips for stoppers on the back.

I'm using heat cord, routed into each shelf, with aluminium tape covering them.

How expensive are the threaded bars? Does it work out cheaper than building a frame from timber?

The Thread bars are 3.6M $8 ea mine are 12mm I cut mine in half to make my rack 1.8 tall
debating about what species will be kept in there is against the forum rules as it's off topic, I know of reputable breeders that keep carpets in them

put peg board on 3 sides to give them a bit of privacy, and holds the heat in better.

Yeah I plan on putting wood on the sides for bracing and heat

Majority of the build was putting nuts down the thread thank god that experience is done

Hint: You'll be blown away when I tell you I spun my nuts from one end to the other of a 1m rod in less than 8 seconds!

Rod inserted into a drill?

No, rod installed in rack!

Air compressor and high pressure nozzle attachment. Held just to the side of the nut, it spun like a top till it reached the bottom.

A lot of people seem to be using this idea lately, here's one my dad and I designed a few weeks ago. :) We come up with the idea as I can use it for hatchlings, and then adjust it to accommodate larger tubs for holdbacks and yearlings etc once all the hatchies have been moved on.

p1170443.jpg

p1170444d.jpg

Some nice racks.
I wish I could pay someone to do the routing for me. I hate the mess it makes in my alfresco!

I've got a dyson. Got it about 5 years ago now. Good vacuum, though outside I just use a wet dry kartcher vac. It's still a pain to clean up. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
posts have been deleted due to being arguementative about the suitability of tubs...... if you want to argue ethics/morals or about the 'new nsw rules' then find the relevant thread and discuss it like adults. the next round of arguements in the DIY zone will end up with more than just a deletion.

A lot of people seem to be using this idea lately, here's one my dad and I designed a few weeks ago. :) We come up with the idea as I can use it for hatchlings, and then adjust it to accommodate larger tubs for holdbacks and yearlings etc once all the hatchies have been moved on.

p1170443.jpg

p1170444d.jpg

Yeah love your's Vixen. Been having a good look at your set up and saw the ad.

Well done!! Great work......

Some really creative people on this site.

This rack is made with Ikea tubs and aluminium C-channel and box sections. I love it!
ge8a9a6u.jpg

Attachments

• 20130326_183031[1].jpg
    20130326_183031[1].jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:
ROFL, there you go, one the right way up, and one for those that enjoy kinked necks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back