Python snapped swallowing 35kg pet goat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrub python is Morelia Amethistina and yes you can own them .

Not trying to be a smart *** but we don't have Amethystine here in Australia they are the Papua New Guinea Scruby's we have Morelia kinghorni

It is very typical for a news article to get it so very wrong! Like my father in law always said "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" witch is exactly right when it comes to the news

Not trying to be a smart *** but we don't have Amethystine here in Australia they are the Papua New Guinea Scruby's we have Morelia kinghorni

It is very typical for a news article to get it so very wrong! Like my father in law always said "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" witch is exactly right when it comes to the news
Quiet right Lewy .Morelia Amethystina Kinghorni.Just checked a few scrub info sites and they say As above but i did find an old post of yours Lewy saying that there was a name change and Amethystine was dropped .Anyone have any updated info on this .

Last edited:
You lose a goat and find a snake with a large lump in it....... of course it had to be the goat you cannot find, couldn't be anything else.
Had a quick look, couldn't find the goat so we'll just blame the snake, no one likes these horrible creatures anyway (Ok, that's my rant for the day :) )

I don't really blame the snake, I'm rather partial to a bit of goat myself :)

Quiet right Lewy .Morelia Amethystina Kinghorni.Just checked a few scrub info sites and they say As above but i did find an old post of yours Lewy saying that there was a name change and Amethystine was dropped .Anyone have any updated info on this .

The taxonomy of Morelia amethystina was changed a few years back. There is a suite of newly described species in Indonesia and PNG, including M. clastolepis, M. nauta and M. tracyae. M. amethystina was used to describe PNG and Indonesian "scrub pythons" and M. kinghorni used for Australian scrub pythons.

Do a google search for some of the Indo species, they're beautiful, especially M. tracyae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back