Python Striking!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had a problem feeding inside the enclosure I think people think too much about feeding snakes. I have no problems just chucking the food item in there. Never had problems wacking my hands in there.

Yeah same I have always fed my darwin in her enclosure. She can tell the difference between my hand and food. Just as long as I tap her gently to wake her and let her know I'm there shes fine.

If you feed your python out side of there enclosure how do you put them back after a feed. (I hope to get my first python in 4 weeks and want to know as much about feeding as I can)
Google is a good but also a bad spot to take advice from.

Not really necessary to feed outside of their enclosure, especially if you simulate a more natural environment by feeding at more irregular intervals so they're not expecting food whenever you open the tank. Like everything on the internet, not everything you read is to be taken seriously.

its only because he is still wanting a fed that's why pet shops advice not to handle the python after they have fed as they can fill up then stop eating for so long. its like feeding a child with a growth spurt they will keep wanting food once it has just been given to them. :)

it is also due to them still wanting food. yes they throw it their food up due to stress. but they strike before hand because of 2 reasons fear and hunger

What the fudge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back