Quandary with my Children's - help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 48297

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a 3 month old Children's on Tuesday morning. He's all set up in his enclosure and doing fine (from what I can see; I haven't been handling). On Tuesday night, I got an email from the building manager stating that Ausgrid needs to shut off power to the entire apartment building from 6am this Saturday until 9pm. There will be no electricity at all.

My partner and I are just going to stay at my parents' house on Fri night and Sat day, but I am unsure of what to do with Kro, the snake. Would it be more stressful for him to be moved again to my parents' house, where he'll have heat? Or will he be fine for 15 hrs at home, unmoved, without his heat mat?

Any advice would be appreciated. I want to stress him out as little as possible while still keeping him in optimal conditions.

November isn't the coldest time of year. You haven't said where you are or what the local temperatures are like, and assuming you're in Australia your 3 month old Children's isn't actually that age (they're seasonal breeders and that would put his hatch date in August, which won't happen in Australia).

Anyway, if the temperature in the house is moderate enough during the day it's not an issue at all. In some parts of the country it wouldn't even be a consideration. It shouldn't be a big deal to give him a one off day trip either way.

Apologies! I'm located in Sydney, and my apartment has air con so stays at a relatively stable 22-23 (although I can crank that up if I need to).

I was told three month old by the pet store I got him from; his first feeding date on the card was the 8th of Oct. Looking at photos of three month olds, he does seem larger than them.

ETA: wow, forgot about the no electricity thing, lol. it's going to be a cool day on Sat in Sydney, tops of 19 and lows of 13. I still think the apartment would stay relatively stable around 20-22 if I have the aircon on overnight, though.

Last edited:
Snake will be fine, just make sure there’s nothing in the belly, just to be safe and prevent any digestion issues

Yep, I haven't fed him yet, last feed was on the 29th.

Thanks for your advice guys. I'll just leave him be :)

Thanks for the help guys! He was totally fine. After the power had been back on for a couple hours I offered him a mouse and he took it instantly. Went back 5 mins later and it was gone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back