Queensland Recreational Licence Reptiles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefQ

Reaction score
G'day everyone,
I have a Queensland 'Standard' Recreational Licence, I have been looking on the net and have found nothing so far.
So I thought I would ask on here.

I am looking at a Brown Tree Snake and being Mildly venomous I am unsure if I am aloud to have one one the Queensland Recreational Licence.

Does anyone have a site listing all Reptiles aloud on the Queensland Recreation Licence?

Or just anyone to answer about the Brown Tree Snake.

Also, What licence is needed for a Crocodylus johnstoni - Fresh Water Crocodile, am looking to upgrade soon.

Kind Regards
ReefQ

G'day everyone,
I have a Queensland 'Standard' Recreational Licence, I have been looking on the net and have found nothing so far.
So I thought I would ask on here.

I am looking at a Brown Tree Snake and being Mildly venomous I am unsure if I am aloud to have one one the Queensland Recreational Licence.

Does anyone have a site listing all Reptiles aloud on the Queensland Recreation Licence?

Or just anyone to answer about the Brown Tree Snake.

Also, What licence is needed for a Crocodylus johnstoni - Fresh Water Crocodile, am looking to upgrade soon.

Kind Regards
ReefQ

When i spoke to DERM on the phone when applying for a rec license they told me there was no species list available and if i was unsure on something to just call them and they would let me know if it was allowed or not,sorry i couldnt be anymore helpful than that.

G'day ReefQ, you can keep Brown Tree Snakes on the standard Qld Rec license. I think with Qld it's not so much a list of what you can keep as much as a list of what you can't keep.
With the crocs as far as I know you can only keep them on a demonstrators permit, and even then you can only keep them up to a certain size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back