Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi people
that time of year again for the Queensland Reptile Expo on the 25th of April ( long weekend) at the Gladstone PCYC on Yarroon St, and after many discussions with Queensland Parks and Wildlife, we have nutted out a legal way to sell products at the Expo.

For people wishing to display their animals at the expo they must do either one of two things.
1- obtain a demonstrators permit for that month at a cost of around $135,or
2-you come under my demonstrators permit at no cost.it only involves me filling out a letter stating that you are operating under my demonstrators licence on the day, and that is it.very simple.

the reason that every person must be under a demonstrators permit is that if even one person isn't under it, the event then becomes an "approved display" and no profit can be made at an approved display.
so now we are allowed to have reptile products ,books, enclosures,etc on sale at the expo but the only people who are able to sell animals are the holders or a commercial reptile licence and they can only be commercial reptiles.
this also means that wishing to display elapids can now do so as long as they are in a locked enclosure.

all exhibitors under the demonstrators permit cannot sell or advertise animals for sale at the event but can still hand out buisness cards as in previous years.

So anyone who wishes to display their reptiles at the event,or set ap a stall to sell products must get in contact with me either via pm, or email at [email protected], or my mobile 0422589221, by friday the 26th of march.
i will post more information as things get finalised.
cheers
simon

Attachments

• Poster.jpg
    Poster.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 342
Thats great news about being able to sell products etc this year...
All going well we should be there and will put our stuff under your demonstrators permit...

Once again - we are looking forward to it......

Will keep in touch...

Paula

this is shaping up to be the biggest Queensland reptile expo so far and i'll post up confirmed special guests once they are confirmed.
Our main demonstrator this year is Tony Harrison who has a great collection of elapids and a few surprises he is bringing up.rumor has it he is also bringing up some mates with awesome elapid and python collections as well.definatly not to be missed.

Scales and Tails will be with us again and we thank then for their fantastic support and for producing a great magazine.Joy also told me that someone will be winning a yearly subscription on the day.

Shannon Plummer,the award winning photographer,who we all know on this site, will also be attending and setting up a little studio to take photos of the exhibitors reptiles.so if want a spectacular portrait of you favorite pet reptile, get in touch with me and book in as an exhibitor and it can be done.if you haven't seen her work do a quick google search or better still ,Shannon can you put up a link, and check them out.her work is stunning.

so if you wish to exhibit or book a table to sell products,remember its free,but you must get in touch with me before the 26th march.
cheers
simon

p.s. more to come

Sounds like it's coming together very nicely Simon. See you on the day.

cheers
Joy

Slimebo my exitment levels are rising . i cant wait to see a reral proffesional snake handler.

Deka

Thanks Simon, I can't wait to see all the gorgeous reptiles!!

I'll have a sanitizing protocol in place so owners can have peace of mind.

No payment is required on the day, I will post images on a website (url given on the day) where owners can purchase prints and/or digital files if they like the results.

All images will be shot 'studio style' on white like the samples shown below.

I will also have some prints available to purchase on the day both studio and natural shots so bring your wallets :lol:

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Check out my website for more of my work -

www.shannonplummer.com

EasternBrownSnakePseudonajatexti-1.jpg

AustralianCoralSnakeBrachyurophi-1.jpg

BlondeSpottedPythonAntaresiamaculos.jpg

ReducedPatternGoldStimsonPythonAnta.jpg

CommonDeathAdderAcanthophisantarcti.jpg

FrilledLizardonwhite.jpg

JulattenJunglePythononwhite2.jpg

KimberleyorNorthernBlueTongueLizard.jpg

great news for qld expos- purchasing reptiles will certainly help bring some more people through the door. I will hopefully make the trip up this year, hope to catch up with some of you there.

if we have a demonstrators permit does that mean we can buy a croc for a month:lol:

hey, i was wondering if there is any kind of reptile expo/show in SA at all?

grate news simon cant whait to se what every one is bringing as for the demo permit i might be getting one for this year for the club i will let you know befor the the end of march what im am bringing should be a grate day i going to see if danny brown would like to come up and join us he is one best gecko and lizard keepers in aus i would like to know if this is ok as you probley know im going to visit him on the 14feb for his corse iwould alos like to know i i can teach some of the people there on how to handle reptiles like geckos and other lizards and also give out plenty of infomation about them this year and i cant whait to see the new albino bubs

from ryan scott aka (geckoman1985)

great news for qld expos- purchasing reptiles will certainly help bring some more people through the door. I will hopefully make the trip up this year, hope to catch up with some of you there.

if we have a demonstrators permit does that mean we can buy a croc for a month:lol:

it is illegal to purchase animals at the expo,(except for possibly a few limited commercial animals from commercial licence holders),but there will be plenty of animals on display that can be purchased later after the expo. we can still hand out buisness cards on the day that have contact details on it ,so if there is something you like on the day,take a card and call the exhibitor the next day.
i'll have baby bredli, reduced melenin coastals,albino darwins and 100%darwin hets on display that can be purchased the next day(sunday 26th April) that will be $50 cheaper if purchased that day.

sure you can have a croc for a month if you wish to work for a croc farm for a year first.

cheers
Simon

please note date change to Monday the 26th

it is illegal to purchase animals at the expo,(except for possibly a few limited commercial animals from commercial licence holders),but there will be plenty of animals on display that can be purchased later after the expo. we can still hand out buisness cards on the day that have contact details on it ,so if there is something you like on the day,take a card and call the exhibitor the next day.
i'll have baby bredli, reduced melenin coastals,albino darwins and 100%darwin hets on display that can be purchased the next day(Monday 26th April) that will be $50 cheaper if purchased that day.

sure you can have a croc for a month if you wish to work for a croc farm for a year first.

cheers
Simon

We will be bringing some hatchies with us for sale as well - coastal carpets - reduced melenin

And if we still have him , a male 2.5 year old scrubby......

cheers on picking up on my date mistake Deka.expo on Sunday the 25th april, can purchace animals on monday the 26th buy calling me if interested.

Just to go quickly through the rules of the expo,all common sence and straigt forward.

-No buying,selling or advertising reptiles at the expo.grab a buisness card and that can get done at a later time or date.(except holders of a commercial licence & therefore must be commercial animals)
-No sick or injured animals
-No turning up to exhibit without a booking.i just need you name ,Licence number , address and what your bringing before the 26 March.
-No tapping or touching enclosures
- Children must be supervised
-do your best to help Quarrentine your animals.you can handle them,and allow others to(if you wish),but only use "friendly" animals and remember to give them a break .bring alcohol whipes and sprays and do not wander from your area with your animals.Quarrentine is your responsibility.
- Parks and wildlife rangers will be there so please dont break the rules. the future of these expos depends on it.

once again we will have "best of species" awards as well as" peoples choice" and "exhibitors choice" awards and lucky door prizes.
cheers
simon

richard cranium

Slimebo ,had a very distubing call today about the Expo being responsable for the spread of mites anfd the death of reptiles via spread of disease.

if anyone who has displayed reptiles over the last 2 years can help me here . i am unaware of any of this happening .. and as mentioned we advise owners of ill reptiles not to bring them or any of their collection to this exibition. we also do not encorage people to make their reptiles available for the public. this is done on their decision and is up to the individual to to ensure that personal sanitization is endorsed. if their is any one who can come forth with actual information of infeaction . i will gladly talk to them (0428 112 463). i doubt i will get any calls. i would love to hear fromm all of last years exhibitors to back me up here.

looking forward to all comments

Deka 69

AKA Derek Leach

put up or shut up

cheers on picking up on my date mistake Deka.expo on Sunday the 25th april, can purchace animals on monday the 26th buy calling me if interested.

Just to go quickly through the rules of the expo,all common sence and straigt forward.

-No buying,selling or advertising reptiles at the expo.grab a buisness card and that can get done at a later time or date.(except holders of a commercial licence & therefore must be commercial animals)
-No sick or injured animals
-No turning up to exhibit without a booking.i just need you name ,Licence number , address and what your bringing before the 26 March.
-No tapping or touching enclosures
- Children must be supervised
-do your best to help Quarrentine your animals.you can handle them,and allow others to(if you wish),but only use "friendly" animals and remember to give them a break .bring alcohol whipes and sprays and do not wander from your area with your animals.Quarrentine is your responsibility.
- Parks and wildlife rangers will be there so please dont break the rules. the future of these expos depends on it.

once again we will have "best of species" awards as well as" peoples choice" and "exhibitors choice" awards and lucky door prizes.
cheers
simon

Hey Jess,

Not sure yet, being April I'm not sure how many would sell. Do you have a particular one in mind? If anyone else is keen on me bringing calendars along for purchase let me know and I'll consider bringing some ; )

shannon will you be bringing any calendars?

cheers
Jess

Slimebo ,had a very distubing call today about the Expo being responsable for the spread of mites anfd the death of reptiles via spread of disease.

if anyone who has displayed reptiles over the last 2 years can help me here . i am unaware of any of this happening .. and as mentioned we advise owners of ill reptiles not to bring them or any of their collection to this exibition. we also do not encorage people to make their reptiles available for the public. this is done on their decision and is up to the individual to to ensure that personal sanitization is endorsed. if their is any one who can come forth with actual information of infeaction . i will gladly talk to them (0428 112 463). i doubt i will get any calls. i would love to hear fromm all of last years exhibitors to back me up here.

looking forward to all comments

Deka 69

AKA Derek Leach

put up or shut up
We have no cases of mites disease or deaths reported in the previous 2 Expos.there is a rumour started buy a certain disgruntled person that is COMPLETELY FALSE . i personally know every person who has exbibited in the last 2 years and there has been no issue with any of them or their reptiles. the rumor is just sour grapes from a certain person in an attempt to sabotage the expo.if i thought there was an issue , i wouldn't be bringing $50 000 worth of reptiles along. i hope this clears this vicious rumour up and we may take lagel measures against this person for these false accusations.
Quarrentine is up to the individual owners and we try to seperate each exhibitor.if people wish to exhibit but are paranoid about disease,then leave the reptiles in their display case.they dont have to be handled.
cheers
Simon

Just thought i'd add ,for the Brisbane people who want to come up and check it out.Quantas is doing $69 flights on that weekend but you would have to get in quick to get them.i'll put up a list of hotels and motels shortly as well.
been chatting to Tony Harrison and he is excited about coming up and will be putting on a big show.also got a few suprises that he is bringing up.
cheers
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back