Question about bredli behavior?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lochie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, so yeah (I havent had the bredli sexed yet as the last vet checkup the vet said it was just a little to small for her to feel comfortable probing so yeah ill find out next checkup)

I purchased a bredli hatchy from a member on here called paranoidpython or something to that effect.
This was my second snake having had a spotted from a hatchy to now about 2 years old.
now my first snake is cage defensive and shes healthy and happy and a total sweet heart once shes out of her terrarium.
Still however I get bitten from time to time and I guess it just goes with the territory and I was fine with it to the extent i felt happy to get a larger snake such as a bredli.

However since the moment I brought the bredli home it has been the most placid forget reptile, animal ive had th pleasure to meet and I own it.

It has never struck at anyone once, even when it was young.
this little bredli is the calmest thing and so inquisitive.
I might add that she loves to be picked up and to be out of her cage with someone.
the bredli also is aware of when its is being put back in its terrarium (which btw is full of branches hides small wooden avain ladders so it
isnt bored.) when being handeled (which is for hours eveyr day) it is losely running through fingers or around my neck or whever but isnt tight. however when i bend down near the terrarium the cutey grips on tighter and throws as many little loops as she can around me to avoid being put down.

Yet never has any issues with food, is a very good feeder never refused a feed.

I'm wondering is this normal behavior for a bredli? (keeping in mind the vet said its healthy and happy and my terrarium is great)

its not lathargic as its always climbing and hanging and laying on its branch ina position thought only GTP's laid in.

is it okay to be handliding her alot?, i do make sure she can thermo regulate.

so yeah just keen to here if its a common thing to have such a calm snake.

thermo regulate, bredli like it up to 40c.......solar 17

gday lochie,i have a bredli aswell only 11 months old smiley is exactly the same as your bredli so calm so placid great feeder...i handle mine as much as i can everyday if possible as long as he doesnt get too cold this is fine i also find when i go to put him back in he never wants to go back in wraps himself around me as much as he can so i let him stay a bit longer...these snakes are sold to newbies cos of their calm nature thats why they are the perfect first snake...so you dont just go yeah i will just get a bredli then later i will get something i really then you get a bredli and realise how great they are as pets then you want more cos they are beautiful aswell as great all round snakes i love them sounds like you do too...DONT WORRY this very normal...p.s sorry bout my rambling.....

My Bredli is placid as. Doesn't bite, strike and is an absolute sweet heart. Feeds, sheds and is 100% healthy! You have a beautiful snake and there is nothing wrong with him/her!!!!!

And where are the pictures????? :p

Yer I'm going to get a Breslin in the coming week and would love to see some pics of all of your Bredlis, I'll post some as soon as I get mine

I have a Jungle yearling the exact same, very timid and gentle. Some snakes adjust to it faster I think.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an adult Bredli and can give me an estimate of how big theirs is any help is good help thanks some pics would help too, oh and the size of enclosure you keep em in thanks

Does anyone have an adult Bredli and can give me an estimate of how big theirs is any help is good help thanks some pics would help too, oh and the size of enclosure you keep em in thanks
8 kg's & 2.4 mtrs (enclosure) floor to ceiling......solar 17

Mine is around 3 years old. Is approx 2.2m and weighs somewhere around 6/7kg.

He's in a 2m x 1.2m enclosure

There should be photos of his enclosure in my profile

And he is extremely placid and beautifully natured right from the word go.

Last edited:
some pics as requested.

20121229_070911.jpg20121229_070842.jpg

@sharkyy1o5
heres my little sweetheart

Ghillie

Hatchies can get probed only being weeks old..may be small to feel comfortable..but does anyone like being poked and proded..Bredli can get big,but it also comes down to how much-little its fed.

haha mate, same name and same snakes.

i have a spotted and she is extremely cage defensive and the only guarantee with her is when u go to pick her up she will give you a bite.

I have a nearly 12 month bredli and he is the most lovely snake, he loves being handled great with everything i could hope for out of snake. Only problem i have is trying to put her away she just keeps climbing out

I have three 2yr old Bredli and they are the most placid creatures I have ever known. Best handlers, best temperament best everything.

haha mate, same name and same snakes.

i have a spotted and she is extremely cage defensive and the only guarantee with her is when u go to pick her up she will give you a bite.

I have a nearly 12 month bredli and he is the most lovely snake, he loves being handled great with everything i could hope for out of snake. Only problem i have is trying to put her away she just keeps climbing out

haha what are the chances of that haha

yeah my little one grips on tighter and tries to get away to stay out with me longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back