Question about NSW companion licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptarmigan

Reaction score
I'm planning to get my first snake soon (definitely an Antaresia, they look lovely and sound great for first timers). I live in NSW and the best licence for me is the companion reptile licence, but it requires you to list the specific species you will be getting, and I'd rather not decide that until the actual point of purchase. Does anyone know if there's a way to register without specifying, or how easy it is to change the species after getting the licence (say, if I listed childrens but ended up buying a stimsons)?

Any help would be very appreciated :)

All I can say is this probably won't be your first snake, this is a very addicting hobby ;)

The people at the licensing office are very helpful, I would just list something in that family then email if you need to change the species.

I just picked up my first snake, a lovely little spotted python. I've got him on a R1 license but I previously held a companion license for my turtle.

The people at the licensing office are very helpful, I would just list something in that family then email if you need to change the species.

I just picked up my first snake, a lovely little spotted python. I've got him on a R1 license but I previously held a companion license for my turtle.
Thanks Kirk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back