Question about UV lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another angle to this and great thread by the way as I had a similar discussion today with a guy from a reputable shop who swore by UV. No UV for me but doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. I can only gauge by the physical condition of my Woma and body language.

I would like to ask though and was told today to get rid of the heat matts and use a basking light only. If this is the case, and thermostat set to say 32, does that mean his lights will come on and off during the day and night??? Or should the light only be coming on during the day?? E.g 12 hours, shortening the day as winter nears.

A little confused about this, thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
i was told diamonds need uv light cause they bask in the sun even in winter they will come out if its sunny for short periods

Diamonds and their need for Uv is still very much up for debate. Some say if you don't use it they will suffer from DPS there's say DPS has nothing to do with UV. All I can say is mine love basking under it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back