Question about VIC wildlife license

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Reaction score
Just got some bad news that a fire recently occurred in the DELWP office that handles processing Wildlife License forms, and my license will now be delayed for more than a month.
I handed in the forms almost 2 weeks ago and found a red phase bearded dragon while waiting, and placed a deposit on it. After receiving the news about the delay though, the store is very reluctant to keep holding the reptile for another month until my license comes through.

Is there any way to receive the license earlier over the phone or by email? If anyone has experienced this or knows about the process it'd help a lot.

It takes as long as it takes.
A month to 6 weeks is fairly normal. Not saying your information is incorrect but I dont see that this has been impacted by a fire, its just that your application is being processed at a time when licence renewals are due so they are swampped.

I agree with Paul that it will take as long as it takes.

You could give DELWP a call though but I highly doubt they’ll give you good news.

Wow, 4-6 weeks is normal!? Glad I'm in QLD. Fill out an application online, submit the application and pay the fee via credit card and the licence is issued instantly via email. Processed, delivered and printed in less than 10 mins.

Yeah, it's quite saddening, the online application process that was meant to be launched in 2018 was delayed. Hopefully Vic will stop being terribly behind in this process in the future.

Yeah, it's quite saddening, the online application process that was meant to be launched in 2018 was delayed. Hopefully Vic will stop being terribly behind in this process in the future.

While I dont disagree that the system is a little archaic there are factors to the Vic system that are better than some others. Rather than looking on the negative side I like to think how much harder it would be if I was still in WA.
I also think licences are too easy to obtain in most states tbh. While I dont agree with the way states are going about it I can understand regulators wanting to put some controls in place for certain animals that have been readily available for years. Probably a little late and a little too heavy handed in their current approach but when a licence can be obtained in 10 mins and a potentially deadly animal obtained with no or little experience its a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back