Question for big olive owners.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get an Olive sometime soon and would like to know how big your enclosures are? I'm posted to Darwin in the new year and was thinking of keeping it in a avery set up outside (once it gets big enough) What things should I concider? Will the high humidity of Darwin be OK for the snake?

Bakes said:
Will the high humidity of Darwin be OK for the snake?

considering olives are native to the NT and found naturally around darwin, the humidity should be good for a captive animal

I keep mine in cages 2m wide, 1m deep and 750mm high. Mine aren't the most agile climbers so height is not really a concern for me.

Yeah they will do great in an aviary. I used to have mine in a large aviary in my backyard. I keep em inside now coz I live in an apartment and have no backyard hehe.

My girl is 10 kg and I have her inside in cage 1.8m x .8m x 1.2m

She did not complained yet, But I am thinking to get her biger place to live.

my enclosure is 1800x 600 x 900... it'll do for a few years until i build a nice outdoor thingo.

I have a pair of yearlings and currently they are about 3 foot long and they are each in 1200x800x800 but when they are bigger i will have 2000x1000x1000 groud level enclosures for them.

I find the bigger they get the less they climb, so height as the get bigger is less of an issue. My girl is around 6ft at the moment and doesn't climb much at all.

I am with hugsta on this, I have a girl close to the 10 foot mark that is just under 10kg, and she rarely climbs, i wouldn't recommend anything under 4x2x2, for an animal around the 6 foot mark. although bigger would probably be better, ideally something around 6x3x3 foot in size

I kept my 14.5 foot girl in an 8'x3.5x4 and she was about as contented as I've seen a snake get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back