Question on Bearded Dragon Egg Incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelzarie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon all,

My beautiful beardies Tash and Zeus (pogona vitticept) laid eggs which I have in incubation at the moment and am just wondering approximate hatching times (they are being kept at 29 deg atm). They were laid on 4th Nov 06. Depending on which sites you look at they say anywhere from 42 days to up to three months. Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated as this is our first clutch.

Thanks Heaps

Kelly

mine just hatched on day 60 at 29 deg, but i really believe it can be anywhere between 45 and 65 days, but thats only an average, it has a lot to do with egg size also.......

mine took 55 days and then 57 days for the second clutch

mine just hatched on day 60 at 29 deg, but i really believe it can be anywhere between 45 and 65 days, but thats only an average, it has a lot to do with egg size also.......

i dont think egg size has anything to do with it, more like incubation temp, the higher temp the quicker they hatch.
cheers Matt

Mine took 55 days for the first egg to hatch and the last one hatched after 60 days, i incubated them at 29 degrees. Good Luck, it's a very rewarding experience. My babies are now 2 weeks old and so so cute. My girl laid 15 eggs and i had 9 hatch but i lost 3 of them, sadly.

Thanks Koubee,
We are really really excited about it - we had a few clutches go bad before now due to a faulty thermostat reading at 20 degrees under what it actually was :( but everything seems to be going ok now. She laid a clutch of 12 and we have lost one of them so far but we're more than half way through by the sound of things so hopefully we wont loose any more. My central netted dragon just laid 5 eggs yesterday too so my house is looking like it will be a bit of a maternity ward in the new year - but I definitely agree - the babies look really really cute. Thanks for all the advice people, really appreciated and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back