quick help for common house gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShepQLD

Reaction score
yes yes I know they are pests and illegal aliens and all that stuff, however. I have just rescued a tiny gecko who is almost skin and bone. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for a quick meal for this little guy as all the pet shops are closed. (I dont have any crickets) I rescued a 40cm beardie late this afternoon aswell but she has got a plate of cabbage, carrot and apple to munch on should she recover enough to eat before tomorrow. (she is in shock after getting her tail run over so is bieng left alone overnight, doesnt actually look like much damage has been done at all thank goodness but she had been sitting on a hot driveway all day so is bieng treated with fluids more then anything) but the gecko... I know nothing about! I dont want to let the little guy suffer, I know most people will say kill it, but bear with me... its expierance for me and a chance at life for it. Its only about 12 cm long, so i need to give it something tiny to eat! :?

i would say put him/her in a small container overnight because she probaly wont eat anything while its light try feeding it some tiny bits of banana and any small bugs that are around

oh of course! Im such an idiot lmao Ive seen them eating moths and all the little bugs under the lights at night! Thanks geckosaregreat! Im off out in about half an hour and wanted to leave something in the little tank for it. Didnt know about the banana! Ill leave a wee bit of that in there to :)

put the AHG back on the wall it came from and let it be...... even if you put it out with a light on ,it will get a feed of moths and other insects that are attracted to the light...

well best of luck i hope he survives please take a picture of him and put it on this thread

I take it that you are a registered wildlife carer?
If you are, then you already know what is the right & legal thing to do!

It cant cling to the wall hobbo, its too weak, thats why I picked it up. Its barely alive, looks like a wee skeleton. it is showing interest in the banana though already, even with the lights on, so fingers crossed. I will get some photo's when I get back in a few hours Gecko and post them for you ;)

I am a carer gary and yes I do know, which is why I said I know everyone will say kill it because they are pests. However I will not get any expierance with gecko's without giving it a go and i would like at some stage to have some. The way I figure both of us win from trying to save it. having been a vet nurse for a few years I have seen both sides of how our wildlife are treated so I think its fair to say its not going to hurt him or me to give it a go. (I wont let it suffer) Its not leaving the property, being bred, or mistreated. and legally if it is something on my property I am allowed to help if I see fit and am able, as long as it doesnt leave the property. (This is what the RSPCA rescuer told me about our family of dermatitis infected possums, thats not information I was aware of previously or have looked up, just going by word of mouth there)

yay pictures well all the best lol its good that its showing interest in the banna already coz my marbled geckos like banana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back