Quick Successful Herping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
went for a quick herp at my usual place and was pretty happy with what i found

found 8 Little whip snake (i usually find 1 or 2 !! )

Now you see me

DSC08991.jpg

Now you dont

DSC09028.jpg

Pre shed

DSC08992.jpg

with all his mates

DSC09000.jpg

DSC09025.jpg

Spotted Marsh frog

DSC09026.jpg

Marbled gecko

DSC09011.jpg

DSC09014.jpg

Bougainvilles skink

DSC09024.jpg

DSC09023.jpg

Jacky dragon

DSC09005.jpg

this one was VERY nice, pics dont show its colour, that gold on it really stood out and its head pattern was crazy

sleeping

DSC08974.jpg

awake

DSC08975.jpg

DSC08979.jpg

getting my dlsr next week hopefully :D :D
let me know which pic is your fave !

The first one's awesome, but they're all pretty cool :D

Great shots, love the 2nd last picture, the two frogs look pretty and the first pic came out nice with its head out like that.

Nice finds! Looks like you have a great spot for the Little Whip Snakes. Lerista are always good to see since they tend to be such secretive creatures.

Regards,
David

"let me know which pic is your fave !"

The second slug one. Deserves a quote, like "how did they all lose their clothes?"

thanks everyone :D

yes its a pretty good spot david! its only small but theres alot of wildlife in it, though alot of people go there, and alot of it now has been taken over by teens and used for bmx tracks :/
yes i love finding lerista, i tend to find they hide under completely flat rocks in fine soil, when you flip the rock they will either be on the surface and run or dig straight away or half burrowed with their tails showing, or sometimes i just dig around untill i uncover one ... they are so fast and the speed of how they burrow is crazy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back