Rage... Inept ... argh...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veenarm

Reaction score
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Ok, well i just need to rage somewhere where I won't offend 'friends'..

I used to own a cute little long nosed turtle and my housemates sister came over and said oo i should get one so cute blah blah... and i basically tried to discourage them because well i know what they're like...

They aren't like dogs, they won't take care of themselves and they don't succeed in all environments (mostly)...

Any-who, I only JUST found out that she did get 2 of them and has a cat....

I also found out that '1' of them died, now I have NO idea how it died haven't spoken to them...

Then I see a photo posted on facebook of the little turtle crawling on a rug in the living room obviously with the cat less than a meter away from it facing the other way...

Regardless of the obvious *** the cat baby turtle way too close... *** is she doing letting it walk on the carpet$#%SME$^%ER

Last I checked turtles aren't renown for 'play time'..... and it ****s me that she saw me with a turtle in its tank and decided to get one because of it.. what's worse is i don't really know how to approach her about it..

OK my vent is done... now its time to relax...

Vent away, I can't stand people that get "pets" because they're cute - and have no idea how to look after them properly, don't give them the home they deserve (for some STUPID reason some people think that babying something and handling it 24/7 is responsible ownership) and end up bored and tired of them "because they don't DO anything but sit there"

Don't approach it with her - buy a book, say it was your book and give it to her. If a friend of mine bought a reptile like that (in the way she did) I'd do the same thing. Won't ruffle feathers or create tension, but will give her some reading material.

I had one of my friends do the same thing after seeing my sandswimmer. She lets him run around the house and she bought home a kitten not too long afterwards.
Accident waiting to happen.
I did what Schnecke suggested too and gave her a keeping 'guide' as a 'present' (lol).
Hopefully she has a good read of it and sets some rules down for the swimmers sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back