Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I've been working on a 155l vivarium the past couple of weeks, i almost have the background done so in a couple of weeks i can start planting and landscaping and after it establishes i'm considering adding gecko's into it. A few species i've been thinking about are Saltuarius species, Cyrtodactylus tuberculatus (ring tailed gecko), Pseudothecadactylus lindneri (Giant cave gecko) or Carphodactylus laevis (Chameleon Gecko). I know the others are around but is the Chameleon Gecko in captivity? Out of those species what would be best suited to a large tropical vivarium, UV lighting will be supplied, it will be heated if i decide to add any reptiles and will have good air circulation provided by a fan. If none of those species would be suitable any other large arboreal gecko's that would go well in this kind of setup you could suggest?

i've already found 2 breeders for chameleon gex but yes, very pricey

i personally would not get giant cave geckos as they tend to be quite aggressive go the ring tails =D

its a decent size enclosure so i'm not too worried bout aggression but i am leaning towards ring taileds as they get larger and are cheap and attractive

Hornet,
Based on experience with Ring-tails, they are large and very active geckos. Set-up in a nice rainforest dis play enclosure, I'm sure you will love them for they are active during the day as well as at night (well, mine were).

sweet, sounds like what i want :) will upload pics of the enclosure im setting up tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back