Rare Croc Spotted in the Top End

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunMorelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published On: 2-12-2010
Source: The Daily Telegraph

"A RARE albino crocodile has been photographed in the Northern Territory after its white head "popped up" near a boat while a shocked fishing party looked on. "

AND THE BEST

"Guides on board the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise have dubbed the 5m saltie Michael Jackson."

Go to Original Article

I wonder if he's going to get caught by poachers or illegal crock breeders.... soon you will be seen albino crocks in your neighbor back yard... i think the black is mud tho

A Zambia zoo in africa hacthed a albino croc and it survived wasn't as white as in that photo more cream white all over. heres a photolink The Albino Crocodile | Photo mayb it's like calico with pattern but there is diffinately black there???? Either way it's awesome, i reckon someone will be there relocating it for it safety. Whats the bet? i dont know if thats a good or bad thing..... seems to b doing fine at that size...

Rare crocodile to be Youth Festival mascot

November 30th, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS -

Bhubaneswar, Nov 30 (IANS) A 34-year-old rare white crocodile in Orissa will be the mascot for the National Youth Festival 2010 to be held here in January, it was announced Monday.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the national steering committee for the festival in New Delhi, according to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s office.
“The meeting approved ‘Gori’ the lone albino crocodile, as the mascot,” an official statement said.
Gori, born under the “rear and release” programme in Dangamal Crocodile Research Farm in Bhitarkanika wildlife sanctuary in Kendrapada district in 1975, now measures about 9 feet. She lives in isolation.
The crocodile had shunned mating despite attempts by forest officials, who admitted they were unable to find an appropriate male partner for her.
The 15th National Youth Festival is scheduled to be held in Bhubaneshwar Jan 8-12, 2010.
About 4,000 youths from all the states and union territories will compete in about 17 categories of cultural competitions in classical, semi-classical and folk arts during the event.

More at : Rare crocodile to be Youth Festival mascot http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/enviornment/rare-crocodile-to-be-youth-festival-mascot_100282239.html#ixzz0gK4txvXG

believe it peoples why not here?

believe it peoples why not here? [/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Albino Crocodiles are not new to this world, just use google and you will see pics of albino Gators ect... fully white animals, not with normal looking bodies and white heads.

'Ms Trewartha said she believed the reptile was an albino with no pigmentation.' except the obvious pigmentation we can clearly see in the photo of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back