Rat and Mouse Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange cos the stuff I use is a hard big Cube and I never have any waste at all

May be they have changed since you used it last??

We went through a pallet {tonne} of the stuff last october and never again
the waste was to great

Hi GARTHNFAY

The use of meat meal in feeds (apart from ruminant feeds) here in Australia is still permitted as there have never (to the best of my knowledge) been any issues with mad cow's disease. Is there any reason in particular that you are trying to steer clear of it? - it's actually a pretty good source of protein and subsequent amino acids.

Cheers
Franco

Hi GARTHNFAY

The use of meat meal in feeds (apart from ruminant feeds) here in Australia is still permitted as there have never (to the best of my knowledge) been any issues with mad cow's disease. Is there any reason in particular that you are trying to steer clear of it? - it's actually a pretty good source of protein and subsequent amino acids.

Cheers
Franco

Hi Franco,
We are not staying clear of it. This is what Garth was told by the head nutritionlist (sp.) at Ridleys that make Barastock. Maybe just their excuse for not making a complete food.

We have noticed that it has been taken out of rodent food,chicken crumble and chicken pellets.

Hi GARTHNFAY

Cheers
Franco

its only a good source of protien because it is so cheap and there is not many products it can go in to

I use the 20kg bags of Barastock for $35.50.
It works ok, but i always supplement them with lots of other things-- Fresh fruit and veg, a wild bird seed mix, a quality dog biscuit and chook pellets for extra calcium.
I also find that there is about 1-1.5kg of powder at the bottom of the bag which is annoying.

yeah but i have noticed lately i ma having little time to chop veg up, been doign really well wiht the fresh corn though they love the stuff and spinach

I use the 20kg bags of Barastock for $35.50.
It works ok, but i always supplement them with lots of other things-- Fresh fruit and veg, a wild bird seed mix, a quality dog biscuit and chook pellets for extra calcium.
I also find that there is about 1-1.5kg of powder at the bottom of the bag which is annoying.
cockroaches and crickets love it

Vella rat and mouse cubes $29.95 20kg and this does have animal protien and a warning to DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP CATTLE GOATS or OTHER RUMINANTS this product is for feeding rats and mice for more detailed info www.thevellagroup.com.au my rats and mice keep having good amounts of off spring but we also give fresh fruit/veg the kids left over vegamite toast , wild bird seed mix and puppy kibble on alternate days

Vella rat and mouse cubes $29.95 20kg and this does have animal protien and a warning to DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP CATTLE GOATS or OTHER RUMINANTS this product is for feeding rats and mice for more detailed info www.thevellagroup.com.au my rats and mice keep having good amounts of off spring but we also give fresh fruit/veg the kids left over vegamite toast , wild bird seed mix and puppy kibble on alternate days
$19.95 not the other

As well as the Norco Rat and Mouse pellets I give fresh fruit and veg and occasionally sunflower seeds and mealworms... they love it...

hi i use gordons food as well hardly any dust . i think it has fish ingredients in it

Barastock (where we get it from) seems to have a price rise every couple of months.Anyone else notice this?

The prices with Barastock have gone up in the last few months. I'm not a big fan of the compositional changes that they've made to the diet either - as said in a previous post there is far too much wastage and a massive amount of dust at the bottom of every bag!

re Rat

Can anyone who buys 20kg bags of rat and mouse cubes be able to tell me what brand? What price? and what quality? Do you have to add supplements??? Do they have meat meal in them and what percent???? Were do you buy them?? NSW prefered.

Supplier> Joseph Mercieca Grain and stock foods Erskine Park road, type is Vella stock foods 20 K Rat and Mouse> price is > $ 17.80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back