Rat and Mouse Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a commecially available food on the market that offers a complete balanced diet with all the right trace elements. We have used most of them at one time or another. The best thing you can do for your rodents is to suppliment commercial foods with fruit & vegies & wild bird seed, the results speak for them selves. And keeping them clean also plays a big role in productivity. just my opinion:D
cheers HK.

how about this for an idea.
why don't a group of us in the gong get together and buy a pallet or two, split the freight costs?
might be the answer to getting a good quality feed at a reasonable price.

what about in Brisbane??? Any suppliers or good names of food?

We use Norco Rat pellets, rats have been going great since the switch from our old, expensive, mystery mix. $15 for 10kg.

Crazy_Snake, we get ours at Brookfield Produce and Pet in ... Brookfield. Great people to deal with and they also carry large bales of pine shavings for bedding.

what about in Brisbane??? Any suppliers or good names of food?

Norco or Breeders Choice, they are both one of the same.... Breeders Choice sell in 20kg bags for around $33 a bag again I also supplement with fresh Fruit & Veg & sunflower seeds

We use the Lauke (SP??) GR2 which apart from a batch with mould issues, which they replaced have found them to be great. There is very little dust as the cubes hold together.

Our local stock and feed guy delivers for free and I think we pay about $16 per 10kg bag.

Lauke are in SA

brisbane
i sell breeders choice in store, rat n mouse mix , pellets, guinea pig mix. large quantity by order only.
my rodents prefer the mix ,they seem to live longer on the mix as well. maybe its the variety in the diet. occassionly i will introduce seeds into the mix to give them some vit & min support

I use two things, the Barastock cube and I pay $23.95 for a 20kg bag. I sieve the food, and all the powder goes to the mice. A friend of mine (commercial rodent breeder) told me to do this, and it's perfect because the mice crumble the cubes before they eat anyway. So no more wastage.
The other thing I give my rodents is a mix of two pellets. Barrastock laying pellets ($16.95 20kg), and pig grower pellets ($16.95 20kg). My rodents love their food, grow well, and breed REALLY well.

Fay... if you go to the Ridley's website, they have a list of outlets who sell their products. If any produce near you sells Ridley's products, they can order it in for you. I have a local company here, that always has two bags on the shelf just for me.

I use two things, the Barastock cube and I pay $23.95 for a 20kg bag. I sieve the food, and all the powder goes to the mice. A friend of mine (commercial rodent breeder) told me to do this, and it's perfect because the mice crumble the cubes before they eat anyway. So no more wastage.
The other thing I give my rodents is a mix of two pellets. Barrastock laying pellets ($16.95 20kg), and pig grower pellets ($16.95 20kg). My rodents love their food, grow well, and breed REALLY well.

Fay... if you go to the Ridley's website, they have a list of outlets who sell their products. If any produce near you sells Ridley's products, they can order it in for you. I have a local company here, that always has two bags on the shelf just for me.

Glad you are happy with the Riddley {barastock} rat and mouse product:rolleyes:
It would have to be the single worst product on the market!

Are there any produce stores in Brisbane (preferably south side) that sell the cummins brand rat cubes? All I can find is barastoc and I won't be buying it again, the last batch I got was 10x worse than it usually is.

You can get it but to but 1 tonne I think it was something like $1100 delivered to Brisbane

Damn, i duno what's going on in the NT but im payin $10 for only 2kg :( anyone know a cheaper place in darwin??????

Glad you are happy with the Riddley {barastock} rat and mouse product:rolleyes:
It would have to be the single worst product on the market!

I live in the middle of the sticks. The only other product I can get here is Norco rat cube, and I'd be better off giving them cardboard! When your options are limited, you go with what you can and make the best of it.

I have now found a supplier of 'Cummins' near my house.

It is definitely a superior quality product to Barastock.

A 40kg bag set me back $50, which is very cheap compared to everything else i have tried.

there is only 2 suppliers of cummins in victoria. peter gibbs in glenroy or the pet shop in somerville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back