Rat and Mouse Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using the Lauke for a a couple of months now. The quality has varied a bit but it is heaps better than the baristoc.

I get mine from Telfords Stock and Feed in Dandenong.

laucke mills rat & mouse available in 10kg bags, gordons rat & mouse available in 16kg bags, vella rat & mouse available in 20kg bags at warrawong produce call for a price.

Do any have animal protein in them or only vegetable protein????

We were told that because of the mad cow disease all stockfeed only have vegetable protein.
We feel that they need an animal protein supplement. as they are not vegetarians.
Can anyone verify this?????

You cannot use meat meal in feed used for animals meant for human consumption. So if you want to eat rats avoid meatmeal, otherwise meatmeal is OK legally. If you want to use vegetable prorein then biomare horse pellets seem to work fine.

I dont have the choice! We live in NW Sydney, really the only pellets I can get are Vellas or another called ysfeeds which is produced in Young. If anyone can tell me where I can get other brands of pellets in NW Sydney (so anywhere from Blacktown,Castle Hill, Kellyville Rouse hill, Parra etccc...) I would be grateful.

Use to use 20kg Barastoc but changed to Laucke & Mills 10kg. Worked out cheaper and better product. Not NSW but get it from Oxenford Valley stock feed for about $13 or $15. I do find there is enough crumbs/dust to fill about 700ml-1L container. I just put it in a container that hangs off the wall of the cage, so they don't spill it everywhere, and they can stand up and eat it.

For the record if we can get 10 people in Brisbane/Gold Coast willing to split a tonne Cummings for $1100, it's $110 ea for 100kg. I'd be in that. (Sorry for the hijack)

Cheers,

Choco

cummings

Does any one know any cummings suppliers in sydney???

sorry to get a OLD thread up but does any 1 know if i can get any rat/mice food in lismore Nsw yamba NSW gold coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back