• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rat Pellet suppliers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.K

Reaction score
I am currently Getting ripped by my local supplier of rat pellets - the price has more than doubled in a year and these guys seem to be the only suppliers in the Riverina area. Seems to be going up about 50c a week which is really starting to peev me off.
GR2's are the brand I'm currently getting, so can anyone suggest someone who does wholesale prices or even fair prices that would be willing to freight?

Thanks

Hugsta does 20kg for $21, can't get much better than that, but freight will be a bit pricey.

50 cents a week?

Damn, that's like $26 a year!

i get my rat food for $20 for 30kg or $30 for 20kg, cant remember which, anyway they are biomare horse pellets

thay are pricey in the riverina so i have started feeding my rats dog biscuits fron big w 15kg for $16to$17

Hey Kris, we sell the Ridleys Mice and rat cubes. It is $15.00 a 10 kg bag, you can pick it up when come over for that BBQ and drinks;)

I use Bio Mare cubes for my rodents .They are $20 for 30 kilos . To that i add work horse mix and whole corn in winter .plus i feed vegies , any i can get right price . carrots ,pumpkin .apples pears they will eat most fruits ..

Hi is there anyone that noes where to get good quality rat pellets from around sydney metro area. Ive heard of a brand called 'barastoc' that produces rat pellets how are they and if they are good where can i purchase them from in the area stated above.
Thanks

Barastoc is good, it's designed for rats and mice.
I'm sure they are made by Ridley agri products (huge stock feed company) and should be available through almost any produce supplier

I had half a dozen bags delivered last night @ $14 each for the good stuff (Baristoc I think). I get my shavings the same way. The Stock and Feed guy goes past on his way home so he is happy to drop it off.

My supplier is Telfords in Dandenong (Victoria).

I used to get them from a Grumpy lady at Vermont Fuel. She was such a grump that I went looking else where and struck a very happy arrangement.

for those of you that use bio mare cubes and/or barastoc what size are the cubes/pellets and what is your feeding set up.
cheers:)

they are about 1.5-2cm and i either feed them from a bowl or in the wire racks in tubs

I pay $20 for 25kg bags of rodent pellets. I tend to prefer the stuff formulated specifically for rodents.

$1000/ tonne seems about the going rate for bagged rodent feed given the droughthas pushed up the price for grain. We use Ridley agri brand

$20 for 30kg of bio mare is a top price. The best i could do today in sydney was around $1 per kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back