Rate My Click Clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
Click clack I set up for my 3mo jungle. Hallelujah for the half price sistemas at woolies I grabbed after work. It's a 7L :D I was a bit worried she wasn't going to thermoregulate in her massive enclosure. This wasn't that expensive to set up. Any ways you think I could improve it? just got to put the water bowl in. It's heated by a heat cord under a tile.
pDL7Oss.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Might have to upgrade pretty soon though if she's a good feeder. :)

Is that the thermometer probe in the lid? If so, it should be on the floor where the heater is to keep an eye on temps.

Must just be the thermometer, looks like the thermostat probe is on the floor bottom left of the pic.

Someone has done there homework... Well done!... If ya hatchie is like my little jungle then the fun times begin ( chainsaw) lol

Is that the thermometer probe in the lid? If so, it should be on the floor where the heater is to keep an eye on temps.

Nah that's the thermometer for reading air temps probe is in bottom left. Should I be encouraging hiding underneath the paper towel? I don't want her urinating and laying in it. I had an incident with an olive who did that unnoticed while in shed and developed scale rot.

Yeah. But how are you measuring the warm spot on the floor? You have to measure it. Not just set the thermostat

Yeah. But how are you measuring the warm spot on the floor? You have to measure it. Not just set the thermostat

This exactly... I relied on thermostat and temp probes for ages and after buying a temp gun I don't know how my snakes survived before! Huge difference in readings, I highly recommend buying one.

This exactly... I relied on thermostat and temp probes for ages and after buying a temp gun I don't know how my snakes survived before! Huge difference in readings, I highly recommend buying one.

^This for sure.. Saving up for a quality one now :)

Looks good. But I agree with the others about moving the thermometer on to the ground at the hot spot.

Thermostats can be quite a bit inaccurate so it is always good to have a proper temp reading.

Way ahead of ya lol. I measure it with a digitech temp gun I got from jaycar. A great purchase.

Last edited:
The biggest error usually comes from operator use. The main difference is how long and how robust they are. The cheap ones will get a couple of years out of if looked after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] By 'how long they are' do you mean the length of the top horizontal part of the temp gun?

Spending $14 every couple of years sounds ok to me but I guess over the life of my pythons I could be better off buying one which is more expensive.

Can you or [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] suggest a reliable brand which has a lengthy (lifetime maybe) warranty?

[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] By 'how long they are' do you mean the length of the top horizontal part of the temp gun?

Spending $14 every couple of years sounds ok to me but I guess over the life of my pythons I could be better off buying one which is more expensive.

Can you or [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] suggest a reliable brand which has a lengthy (lifetime maybe) warranty?

Sorry my post was supposed to say how long they last. I think there is a fluke brand one for around $90 that is decent. We use all fluke voltmeters at work and they are very reliable. I only have a cheap one at the moment and have had it over twelve months and it is working fine.

No manufacturer will give a warranty for life on electronic equipment.

Yep Fluke is THE brand.
Everything else is well.... Not fluke :)

- - - Updated - - -

I've had my fluke temp gun a few years. And I've got a fluke multimeter I got as an apprentice 20 years ago.

The biggest error usually comes from operator use. The main difference is how long and how robust they are. The cheap ones will get a couple of years out of if looked after.

Andyyyyy... I've herd it all now.... There is no difference in them and its a bit difficult to wear them out ;)... I can understand the operator error tho coming from u ha ha... Couldn't help myself in that 1 :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back