Rats and Lice? Mites?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
I noticed today that a couple of our rats have what looks like Lice. They appear to look exactly like human head lice.

Any ideas on how to treat? Or should I take them to the vet for the best treatment.

Lice?

Yuck!

Yeah, I've seen a similar thing - I sprayed my rat enclosure (with them in it) with Top of Descent - seems to do the trick.

Good luck

David, Coming to my rescue yet again you gorgeous thing.

Where can I get that from? And you just spray it into the rats house, rats and all?

I keep most of my rats (pets and breeders) in wire cages so there is alot of ventilation.

Hi Stretch,
Not sure what area you are from but I use top of descent myself.I purchase mine from the reptile barn in st marys and it really is good stuff.
The best part is it has no ill effects on animals (reptiles/rodents)housed.I used to spray inside the roof of my enclosures,only taking out the waterbowls and leaving residents inside.
It is produced by Callington in 100g NET cans and is approoved by the Australian quaruntine and inspection services as well as New Zealand ministry of agriculture.

PS if callington's is viewing I feel David and myself deserve free products for our efforts of advertising your products lol

Kewl Phillybabe, I have to contact Brian anyway so will organise that. I looked on the herp shop website but couldnt find it!

Sue

make sure that if you use it move any crickets or woodies away. I lost my entire cricket farm and it wasn't even in the same room at the time

prices

Actually, that's a damn good price! That's about what each can costs if buying an order of 6 cans direct from the supplier, so it's fairly obvious Brian doesn't rip us off on this! Good onya Brian, if you're looking! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back