Raven Care Sheet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raven as in the bird?

I don't know of one specifically for crows but they are no different to currawongs or magpies when it comes to raising them.

Why help a crow! Damn things!!!

ravens are different to crows, i think, smarter? Just don't name it Quoth, that would be trite

A friend in the country used to say a 22-250 took good care of them LOL !!!

poisoned eggs works a treat on crows

A friend in the country used to say a 22-250 took good care of them LOL !!!

Yeah, that'd be my caresheet!

Sorry - I am a lover of all animals, but once you've seen 20+ new born lambs lying in a paddock with no tails, and crows pecking out their eyes while they're still alive, there's not much love left for foxes or crows!

Any animal hated so much is a born survivor, I love their tenacity and intelligence. they would definitely make a great captive animal,

Its name is Tookie
crowmagnon.jpg

I think the ravens attack only sick lambs and they also eat the placentas at birthing tim.
Im quite sure a healthy lamb is well protected by its mother and ,if they actually kill a lamb, (wivestales) they are probably doing it a favour.
In the bush they perform a service by eating carrion, and taking sick and injured animals out as well.
In captivity they are like a dog and need to be treated and trained differently to parrots and raptors because they are so much more intelligent.
Kill your ferals but leave the native ravens alone.
No animal lover would lay poisoned eggs out for our native animals to eat.
Grr
Baz

Any animal hated so much is a born survivor, I love their tenacity and intelligence. they would definitely make a great captive animal,
They follow dogs around in places like Alaska and eat anything they leave behind, including the *****. No better survivor i know of ;)

Just a warning: If its sitting on your shoulder, be careful, they have a natural curiosity that comes with their intellegence, and love shiny/reflective things.....including eyes....and they like to peck....you could easily lose an eye.
I love the ravens and crows as pets, they are truely characters, and the sort of pet you can have free flying in your neighbourhood if you bond and train it right...and if you trust your neighbours not to shoot it or stick it in a cage.

Thanks rednut, ill keep the sunnies handy then huh.

The reactions from people who i tell about it is usually revoltion and horror stemming from ignorance
and old fasioned ideas.

I deal with these reactions daily from people... ,but they are reacting to snakes.
Its funny to see a raven (not a crow) can invoke the same sort of reactions from people who love snakes.

i got told that its illegal to keep them in NSW (emailed the nation parks about it months ago)

only reason i dont have 1... or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back