Raven Care Sheet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a couple more pics
the visitor
visitor.jpg

tookaps.jpg

tookaz2.jpg

Sorry Baz, but in that first photo, it looks like something out of a Pixar animated movie!!!

:p

Hix

Thats exactly what I thought!!! That is sooo cute :)

This is typical of many of the anti-raven posts. The thing I find interesting is that people are deadset against a native bird (shooting or poisoning them) because it attacks the young of an introduced species.

And Jen: how do you tell the difference between a raven and a crow? I know animal people in NSW who can't tell the difference between a raven and a chough.

:p

HIx

As far as i know, there are no ravens where i live, but there are crows aplenty, however if it is in the chicken run killing our chicks, then it dies. Sounds harsh, but there it is. A chough has several areas of white on its body, and the ones in our area are a very social bird, they are also smaller than the crows.

That first photo really is hilarious!

As far as i know, there are no ravens where i live, but there are crows aplenty, however if it is in the chicken run killing our chicks,
You would also kill a snake or lacie doing the same then?

Have not got time to read through all the posts but can you actually buy Ravens on lisence as a pet ??? Matty

Have not got time to read through all the posts but can you actually buy Ravens on lisence as a pet ??? Matty

Here is the catch 22 they are only new on license in Vic but you have to buy a captive bred one so how does one do that if they have only just come on license?:shock:

The poisoned egg one?

Whoops, my bad, no the one where i say that we watch the enclosure to keep other animals away - not feasable all the time, but done if poisoned eggs are there, and, though i know i will probably cop it for saying this, this is the same as putting rat poison out, tho at least we are responsible about it

Thats how ya get the ball rolling INK . its all a big joke , permits for this and fees for that. They dont give a rats **** about the animals , it just keeps people employed and helps the economy. Me thinks anyway :x Matt

In Victoria, as part of the carers contract, we are obligated to either release the native animal,roo, raven or koala or whatever.
If this cant be done for some reason we then have to euthanise the animal. Its the law people.

In South Australia the laws are the other way around, in that you must keep the animal or euthanise it...In s.a release is illegal..
.I like s.a laws better on this issue because many animals that are healthy get put down in victoria simply for the sake of the red tape.

Its off its head :evil: We say its Black and they'll say its white. Its not Grey , its all about useing ya head. " They " cant seem to do that. Not promoting it but no wonder people do the wrong thing. Matt

Thats a great link, thanks for that.
Heres a couple more pics of Tookie.The release is going to be happiest and the saddest time i think, but im looking forward to seeing him fly with his own kind.
myprecious.jpg

gothtookie.jpg

ready4.jpg

wacholookatookie.jpg

Nice, are you teaching it to steal money Baz? :lol:

we have ravens in australia? i havent seen a single one around, i know there are heaps of crows (which are NOT ravens) ravens are bigger and way smarter and cooler. We have heaps of them in canada, crows fly south for the winters, ravens tough it out. They are an awsome bird, u can teach them to talk too if u get their tongue split up the middle like a snake for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back